Safeway recalls tons of beef sold in isles - Hawaii News

Safeway Inc. has recalled ground beef sold in Hawaii between June 6 and July 14 and in eight other states, following an outbreak of salmonella poisoning. Full Story
Dawn

Wailuku, HI

#1 Aug 7, 2009
Rarely does the word "taint" work its way into the news. Being sick from meat is bad, but getting to use words that make us giggle is good.
local

Honolulu, HI

#2 Aug 7, 2009
Don't you think the beef was already consumed? Telling the public 2 months ago is too late.
Von

Aiea, HI

#3 Aug 7, 2009
No more. It's all gone as the the unions already ate it all up.
Why

Kailua Kona, HI

#4 Aug 7, 2009
Why is this happening to a nice store like Safeway? Just irradiate beef and end this problem forever.
Vegan Lady

Honolulu, HI

#5 Aug 7, 2009
local wrote:
Don't you think the beef was already consumed? Telling the public 2 months ago is too late.
You never know what's in your meat, do you? Just read the former best-seller Fast Food Nation or the current film that came out, Food, Inc., and see if you still have appetite for meat. Even if you don't care an iota about the animals, surely you don't want to poison yourselves! Best way to protect yourselves is to stay away from meat for good. There are loads of tasty alternatives. Just visit one of the Down to Earth health food stores.
Lefty

Honolulu, HI

#6 Aug 7, 2009
Vegan Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You never know what's in your meat, do you? Just read the former best-seller Fast Food Nation or the current film that came out, Food, Inc., and see if you still have appetite for meat. Even if you don't care an iota about the animals, surely you don't want to poison yourselves! Best way to protect yourselves is to stay away from meat for good. There are loads of tasty alternatives. Just visit one of the Down to Earth health food stores.
Yeah, or you can get salmonella poisoning just as easy eating spinach that has been crapped on my Mexican day laborers- or have you forgotten that. Enjoy your veggies and quit preaching.
OnlyParadise

Kapolei, HI

#7 Aug 7, 2009
Where's the Beef?
Da Poster

Honolulu, HI

#8 Aug 7, 2009
Lefty wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, or you can get salmonella poisoning just as easy eating spinach that has been crapped on my Mexican day laborers- or have you forgotten that. Enjoy your veggies and quit preaching.
you can add tomatoes, peanut butter and pistachio nuts to that list.
Da Poster

Honolulu, HI

#9 Aug 7, 2009
OnlyParadise wrote:
Where's the Beef?
Waimanalo Gulch landfill.......where all the solid waste gets dumped.
Da Poster

Honolulu, HI

#10 Aug 7, 2009
also raw alfalfa sprouts and chocolate chip cookie dough added to the products contaminated with salmonella list.
yummy

Honolulu, HI

#11 Aug 7, 2009
Vegan Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about that....I got a very beautiful gold ring in a hot dog I consumed once. Much better than those Cracker Jack prizes.
I've often heard about Down to Earth, but everytime I go there to peruse their shiatsu/massage products and Cliff bars, everyone in there appears to be too skinny for their height, and appear half starved to death.
whoever

Honolulu, HI

#12 Aug 7, 2009
Lefty wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, or you can get salmonella poisoning just as easy eating spinach that has been crapped on my Mexican day laborers-
That's why I try hard to stick to local produce. Good for our local farmers and economy. I'm not a fan of "night soil" produce. If its grown in Ecuador it doesn't come through my door.
Von

Aiea, HI

#13 Aug 7, 2009
Not a problem.

If you sleep in do-do long enough damn it starts to feel pretty good.
Willy

Aiea, HI

#14 Aug 7, 2009
Von wrote:
Not a problem.
If you sleep in do-do long enough damn it starts to feel pretty good.
You would know, you spew it out of your mouth all the time
Lefty

Honolulu, HI

#15 Aug 7, 2009
whoever wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I try hard to stick to local produce. Good for our local farmers and economy. I'm not a fan of "night soil" produce. If its grown in Ecuador it doesn't come through my door.
Bravo! A bit off topic, but our local farms raise quality produce and deserve our patronage. Keep buying and support diversified agriculture on Oahu and in Hawaii.
Manapua Belly

AOL

#16 Aug 7, 2009
Not again!!!!!!!!
noend

Honolulu, HI

#17 Aug 7, 2009
safeway...thank you for the early warning..to top it off your meats are the most expensive and worse tasting among all other markets..this countries DEFICIT is somthing like salmonella....it mkes you SICK.
Robin Hood

Honolulu, HI

#18 Aug 7, 2009
I used to eat Safeway meatloaf all the time. Cept it started to taste crapier and crapier. Less and less like meat, more like meat pudding covered with kitchip.
Now, it's tainted. It ain't the Safe way any more, now is it?
Oahu Portagee

Honolulu, HI

#19 Aug 7, 2009
yummy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about that....I got a very beautiful gold ring in a hot dog I consumed once. Much better than those Cracker Jack prizes.
I've often heard about Down to Earth, but everytime I go there to peruse their shiatsu/massage products and Cliff bars, everyone in there appears to be too skinny for their height, and appear half starved to death.
And the people who shop at Costco are WAAAYYY too fat for their height and can hardly walk. The only reason they force themselves to walk is so they can get their hands on those free Costco samples.
Von

Aiea, HI

#20 Aug 7, 2009
Oahu Portagee wrote:
<quoted text>
And the people who shop at Costco are WAAAYYY too fat for their height and can hardly walk. The only reason they force themselves to walk is so they can get their hands on those free Costco samples.
Agree

Most people eat way too much anyway.

If people ate grass like the cows do then humans would contribute to a clean environment and also save on toilet paper which I never use anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Safeway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I hate Safeway. (Feb '10) Nov '14 kttydancer 95
Not enough cashiers Nov '14 Bruce Lee 1
Tiny gold-brown bugs in Morton Salt (Sep '07) Aug '14 yep 39
Bugs in Kosher Salt (Jul '14) Jul '14 Cindy H 1
Sobeys to close underperforming stores, cut job... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Funk 1
New : Why you hate Safeway Update (Jun '14) Jun '14 Retail Misfit 1
Altria Group: An Attractive Investment (Apr '14) Apr '14 Chuckles 1
More from around the web