Store-brand grocery survey: Wal-Mart ...

Store-brand grocery survey: Wal-Mart edges Fry's

There are 3 comments on the Arizona Daily Star story from Oct 25, 2009, titled Store-brand grocery survey: Wal-Mart edges Fry's. In it, Arizona Daily Star reports that:

When it comes to shopping store brands, Wal-Mart and its Great Value brand are tough to beat if you want to save money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arizona Daily Star.

Sarah

United States

#1 Nov 2, 2009
I am forced to shop at Wal-Mart, along with many of my fellow co-workers because their prices are lower and since our wages haven't gone up with COL we can't afford to shop in our own stores. We don't consider a 25 cent an hour raise...a raise. That's a slap in the face. Our new four year contract that was just approved?... Nothing in the first 3 yrs...but in the 4th we get that wonderful 25 cent an hour raise, again. If you want your long-time good, loyal, hard-working employees to continue working for Safeway you've got to value them and treat them right. Like Safeway treated us in the 70's and 80's. Not like now. When we're gone, Safeways service will go right down the drain and will reflect in their sales.
wswartz49

United States

#2 Nov 4, 2009
Sarah , the way I look @ it is , that we are working . Their are a lot of companys not in business . But Walmart has ,been good to me . I stock at 212 store , and we have a great crew , I work the night shift . We sell a lot of great value food .
sam

Surrey, Canada

#3 Nov 30, 2009
and you get 10 hour with no benefit at walmart

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Safeway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Safeway vs Kroger 7 hr Kingstoopids 1
I hate Safeway. (Feb '10) May '17 Alaskaaa 136
Dotcom? As a personal shopper Jan '17 domnic 1
Bothell WA Safeway #535 employees are quitting ... (Jul '16) Dec '16 Christina 2
Safeway Executive Thiefs (Feb '14) Oct '16 Getmeout 6
News Altria Group: An Attractive Investment (Apr '14) Jul '16 Mugs mahone 2
Conflict of interest (Aug '15) Jul '16 Leigho 4
More from around the web