Safeway Confirms Layoffs To Shore Up ...

Safeway Confirms Layoffs To Shore Up Profits

There are 5 comments on the Cbs5.com story from Mar 1, 2008, titled Safeway Confirms Layoffs To Shore Up Profits. In it, Cbs5.com reports that:

PLEASANTON Safeway Inc. has fired part of its administrative staff to help bolster its profits as the sluggish economy erodes the grocer's sales growth. via Cbs5.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cbs5.com.

tim

Broomfield, CO

#1 Mar 13, 2008
safewaysproblem is management attempts to demean and harass it's employees from the time they punch in to the time they punch out...also the store manager of any store should be titled reichleiter
al-c

Mountain View, CA

#2 Jan 27, 2012
i dont think its right ,i just started i hate safeway now
FOrmer employee

Durham, NC

#3 Mar 4, 2012
Safeway is just top-heavy.
Loyal Safeway Employee

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Apr 24, 2012
Safeway has been cuttroatwhen it comes to their employees. While Unions keep Safeway from becoming worse than Walmart, we have eroded and yearly earnings for blue collar help has been flat. We make the same money we did 20 years ago(per year).While wages increased, hours dropped, benefits dropped. This is not stopping Safeway, they increase productivity regularly. All warehouses just were raised 17% while wages increased 2%. This is an hourly rate with management looking for you if you are not on their cpu logged in working. Pray for the best because their is no employer compassion towards any union employee.k

Since: May 07

Stockbridge Mass

#5 Apr 25, 2012
Safeway will be sold soon,kroger and Royal Ahold are both interested.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Safeway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bugs in Kosher Salt (Jul '14) May 14 David 2
I hate Safeway. (Feb '10) May 1 5282_nsjhs 114
Tiny gold-brown bugs in Morton Salt (Sep '07) Mar '16 Barton1 42
How is Produce Mar '16 Hakka Mathers 2
News Loyalty card/recall notification settlement nea... Feb '16 tellitlikeitis 2
Conflict of interest (Aug '15) Feb '16 Elise In Texas 3
New Zealand Lamb (Jan '13) Feb '16 Elise In Texas 2
More from around the web