Weak economy drives Safeway to cut pr...

Weak economy drives Safeway to cut prices

There are 1 comment on the The Columbian story from Oct 29, 2009, titled Weak economy drives Safeway to cut prices. In it, The Columbian reports that:

Safeway food clerk Sean Rice restocks a display table with grapes at the company's newly remodeled 162nd Avenue store in east Vancouver.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbian.

Rose

United States

#1 Nov 2, 2009
It's about time Safeway lowered it's prices. We've been urging management to push for that for years, especially since our family had to shop at the competitors stores because we couldn't afford to shop there. And the sad thing is...we work at Safeway! They need to focus on getting back to selling groceries and drop the secret shopper program, among other programs. Customers are also tired of being asked to donate everytime they come in and many have left because of that. If Safeway wants to promote donations let corporate donate. They can afford to. Safeway has also lost customers when they dropped the fuel discount and gone to Albertsons, who continue to have their fuel discount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Safeway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I hate Safeway. (Feb '10) Jun 22 Lifetime of Safew... 118
Bugs in Kosher Salt (Jul '14) May '16 David 2
Tiny gold-brown bugs in Morton Salt (Sep '07) Mar '16 Barton1 42
How is Produce Mar '16 Hakka Mathers 2
News Loyalty card/recall notification settlement nea... Feb '16 tellitlikeitis 2
Conflict of interest (Aug '15) Feb '16 Elise In Texas 3
New Zealand Lamb (Jan '13) Feb '16 Elise In Texas 2
More from around the web