Safeway posts loss in 4th quarter on ...

Safeway posts loss in 4th quarter on charges to write down valu...

There are 3 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Feb 25, 2010, titled Safeway posts loss in 4th quarter on charges to write down valu.... In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

Safeway Inc. said charges to write down the value of two of its supermarket chains drove it to a loss for its fourth quarter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

somedude

Denver, CO

#1 Feb 26, 2010
if safeway would quit being so dumb and make their groceries inexpensive. I am an employee for safeway and I hear at least 5 times a day is how expensive we are. King Soopers has lower prices so there for king soopers gets better business. How does Safeay deal with things like this? They screw employees like us over. They take money from our pension and put less money into healthcare. Losers!!
Pleasanton resident

Livermore, CA

#2 Mar 4, 2010
I have been a long time shopper at SW on Santa rita, No more, all because of one person there who was a little bitch
mememe

Dublin, CA

#3 Mar 8, 2010
Safeway has always been a family favorite however when I was let go after working at their Corporate Headquarters for nearly 7 years, for reasons that they schemed up in an effort to reduce headcount in an inexpensive way, they have lost a lot of longtime loyal shoppers/customers. For an employee who had been given "sterling" on every yearly appraisal under the "integrity and honest" portion to be fired for lying on a timecard is unheard of. They are backstabbers, scammers and liers!!! When asked to provide termination evidence to unemployement benefits boards of appeals in my case...they coud not and had to drop their appeal! There should be harsher laws against wrongful termination in cases aside from race, religion and sex. LOSERS!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Safeway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Long libes Aug 13 J dz 1
Safeway vs Kroger Jun '17 Kingstoopids 1
I hate Safeway. (Feb '10) May '17 Alaskaaa 136
Dotcom? As a personal shopper (Jan '17) Jan '17 domnic 1
Bothell WA Safeway #535 employees are quitting ... (Jul '16) Dec '16 Christina 2
Safeway Executive Thiefs (Feb '14) Oct '16 Getmeout 6
News Altria Group: An Attractive Investment (Apr '14) Jul '16 Mugs mahone 2
More from around the web