Starving Student: Signature Cafe at Safeway is a sure marketing...

Safeway Signature Caf is at 1366 East Ave. in Chico. All Chico E-R photos are available here. Full Story
ehhh

Chico, CA

#1 Oct 15, 2008
California Heights?
Idiot.
If you're going to site a restaurant that you "personally like" at least get the name right.
It's BROADWAY HEIGHTS.

Since: Jul 08

Renton, WA

#2 Oct 15, 2008
... I should drive out to PV to get a sandwich at Safeway?
Sad

Chico, CA

#3 Oct 15, 2008
It is sad that the chico-er has reviewed all the restaurants in town and is now reviewing the safeway deli. Yikes!

Also sad is that $5 doesn't buy much anymore.
Curious

Chico, CA

#4 Oct 15, 2008
I wonder how great the Upper Crust salads and soups would taste if it was common knowledge that all of their food is a product of Pro-Pacific, and Cash and Carry's canned goods?? Or how about one of their famous and delicious cakes..just add eggs, oil and water. And why can't they sell their sandwiches at $5...fresh is cheaper??
Veggi is good

Chico, CA

#5 Oct 15, 2008
I enjoy grabbing a quick veggie sandwich at Safeway after shopping. I grab a starbucks a few doors down and have lunch outside at Starbucks. Fill the tank up with some reasonable safeway gas and off I go before lunch lets out at P.V. Or I grab my coffee at Safeway (starbucks) and head to the shaded park behind the firestaton near upper park. Chico Burger has a great special before the kids get out too! Gotta love North Chico.
Check yo self

Turlock, CA

#6 Oct 15, 2008
ehhh wrote:
California Heights?
Idiot.
If you're going to site a restaurant that you "personally like" at least get the name right.
It's BROADWAY HEIGHTS.
Idiot.
If you're going to write the word "cite" don't spell it like "site" you silly little boy.
I like how you clown on someone else's mistake with one of your own.
Learn grammar, then come criticize. Or learn something
Chain stores suck

Chico, CA

#7 Oct 15, 2008
Safeway? Uh, great choice. Yeah, I've really been wondering about their food. Thanks for the heads up, man.

And to the douchebag who pointed out the grammar mistake in the first comment, let me point out that he isn't paid to write ... like this columnist ... a, ahem, "professional."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Safeway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I hate Safeway. (Feb '10) Sep 28 Jeffery Martin 93
Tiny gold-brown bugs in Morton Salt (Sep '07) Aug '14 yep 39
Bugs in Kosher Salt Jul '14 Cindy H 1
Sobeys to close underperforming stores, cut job... Jun '14 Funk 1
New : Why you hate Safeway Update Jun '14 Retail Misfit 1
Altria Group: An Attractive Investment (Apr '14) Apr '14 Chuckles 1
I'm bringing Slaveway Back (Sep '09) Mar '14 Chillaxn 8

Safeway People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE