Sunday, Feb. 7

Sunday, Feb. 7

There are 10 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Feb 7, 2010, titled Sunday, Feb. 7. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

I am responding to the article on the largest pot bust in the history of Pennsyl vania.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

Ummmm

Harrisburg, PA

#1 Feb 7, 2010
Larraine...first and foremost I agree with you regarding politicians. However I highly disagree with you about the "rich!" Why is it that you liberals always think that it is the hard working dedicated "rich" person that is responsible for the uneducated, lazy, blood sucking, poor?? So tired of you hypocrits....if you care so much about the poor et al.....pay more out of your pay-check check.....
Scum Killer

Brogue, PA

#2 Feb 8, 2010
The problem, Ummmmm, is that some of the rich don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. They got theirs so screw the rest of you.

But they forget how they got theirs. Unless they were born with it, someone somewhere along the like made some kind of sacrifice that allowed them to become a success, and then something bad happened that made them a selfish prick who thinks that everyone beneath them is there because of their own laziness.

You are a sad person, Ummmm.
CBOW

Williamsport, PA

#3 Feb 8, 2010
Scum Killer wrote:
The problem, Ummmmm, is that some of the rich don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. They got theirs so screw the rest of you.
But they forget how they got theirs. Unless they were born with it, someone somewhere along the like made some kind of sacrifice that allowed them to become a success, and then something bad happened that made them a selfish prick who thinks that everyone beneath them is there because of their own laziness.
You are a sad person, Ummmm.
Yep, we have a whole government full of the "rich".
CBOW

Williamsport, PA

#4 Feb 8, 2010
Ummmm wrote:
Larraine...first and foremost I agree with you regarding politicians. However I highly disagree with you about the "rich!" Why is it that you liberals always think that it is the hard working dedicated "rich" person that is responsible for the uneducated, lazy, blood sucking, poor?? So tired of you hypocrits....if you care so much about the poor et al.....pay more out of your pay-check check.....
We must first define what "rich" is. Liberals most often are the ones who are truly "rich and wealthy and powerful". They dictate who is going to "pay" for the blood sucking parasites in this country. Usually it is the hard-working people who have spent their lives paying taxes a paying their own way who are expected to shell out more to support the "lazy".
WAWWW

Lebanon, PA

#5 Feb 8, 2010
maybe your kid should man up and quit being a baby
Scum Killer

Brogue, PA

#6 Feb 8, 2010
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
We must first define what "rich" is.
That's easy. The top 1% of people who control 98% of the money in this country.

They own the bank you go to and the company you pay your credit card bills to.

They are the same people who have been slowly killing this country since the end of WWII.

There is only so much to go around, and when you've hoarded it all, and there is nothing left to take, what do you think will happen? I look forward to the anarchy myself.
Scum Killer

Brogue, PA

#7 Feb 8, 2010
The trick to seeing the problem and understanding how to fix it is ti FIRST drop your preconception of what it means to be 'liberal' or 'conservative'...because as far as the government and the people who run ti are concerned, these labels are just that..meaningless labels. You can call a shark anything you want, but it is still a shark.

Maintaining this illusion that 'liberal' or 'conservative' means anything with the seriously depth of problems the nation has or the solutions needed to fix them is just counterproductive and only serves to solidify the positions of the very people who created these disasters, allowing them justification for maintaining this garbage status quo.

I consider these situations HUMAN problems and they need to be solved by HUMAN BEINGS with common sense, dignity and cooperation. No ideology, political or otherwise, has a monopoly on these necessary skills. We just need to stop pointing fingers and get down to working on solutions.

For the record, I am neither a liberal or conservative. I would be impossible to side one way or the other and still have an open mind.
Parent

Lebanon, PA

#8 Feb 9, 2010
I am responding to the mother that is apparently upset about her son playing basketball and how much is expected of him in both education and activites. Let me get this right, don't we want our kids to be educated and succeed? Are you seriously complaining that there is too much pressure for your child to be educated and play ball? You apparently don't have faith in your child succeeding in life. Whether he succeeds in basketball or not that is not your call to make, it will be his in the future. I understand the parents that have a right to complain, but this is ridiculous. I believe these coaches and teachers lead them on the right path. Some coaches and teachers I know put their heart and soul in teaching our kids and thank God for that. Some kids need the positive pressure to do better otherwise they get lazy and not care. You just need to let them do there job. Next time you really need to complain about something worth complaining.
CBOW

Williamsport, PA

#9 Feb 9, 2010
Scum Killer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy. The top 1% of people who control 98% of the money in this country.
They own the bank you go to and the company you pay your credit card bills to.
They are the same people who have been slowly killing this country since the end of WWII.
There is only so much to go around, and when you've hoarded it all, and there is nothing left to take, what do you think will happen? I look forward to the anarchy myself.
Anarchy is right. Hope you have your guns handy and clean. I do.
Words of Art

Lakewood, CA

#10 Feb 16, 2010
That is EXACTLY why I DON'T nor ever will pay taxes out of MY earnings to anyone or government. I earned it, it's mine mine and mine alone. Ya Ya! show me any law that 'requires/compels' ANYONE in the United States of America to even >>>Catch Word Here:[APPLY] for a SSN???????? There is NONE. And there is NO LAW that authorizes employers in the private sector to refuse you employment for refusing to provide a SSN. There IS however only laws which authorize a [REQUEST] for a SSN, and the EEOC via the Dep't of Justice has made it very clear that companies cannot refuse to hire anyone for refusing to provide a SSN, or W-2. Americans DON'T KNOW the law as it is written, but they do in fact ALWAYS make claims that state: "Everyone KNOWS you NEED a SSN to live and work in the U.S". Well the "U.S." is NOT the United States of America,(there is a difference, look it up) and those very same people CANNOT SHOW or PROVE that a SSN is NEEDED. HINT: Write the SSA and ask them about it, and they will tell you a SSN is NOT 'Needed' to live and or work in this country.Yet almost EVERYONE runs like chickens when the IRS is mentioned. As CBOW said above:Anarchy is right. Hope you have your guns handy and clean. I do. <<So True So True... And Let it be the self-serving POLITICIANS who viloate our constitution to go first...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Swift Transportation Co Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
swift rehiring (Jan '09) Feb '16 843 mac 44
News Arizona Chamber Honors Jerry Moyes With Inaugur... (Aug '07) Jul '15 peewee 28
News Swift Transportation fires more truck drivers f... (Sep '09) Mar '15 what about OOIDA 182
swift drivers beware (May '10) Feb '15 Anonymous 36
News Swift Hit With Class Action Lawsuit Over Indepe... (Mar '10) Feb '14 terry 77
News Lakeville man at center of latest alleged Ponzi... (May '10) Oct '13 keeper 2
News Shortage of truck drivers leads to increase in ... (Jul '13) Sep '13 jessicarobin 2
More from around the web