Train Hits Trailer, Spilling Cases Of Beans

Oct 10, 2009 Full story: Greeneville Sun

Sun Photo by Jim Feltman The photo above shows the aftermath of a collision between a southbound Norfolk Southern train and a Swift Transportation tractor-trailer that took place about 6:454 a.m. today as the truck attempted to enter the So-Pak-Co Plant off Snapps Ferry Road via the Coile Street railroad crossing.

Full Story
truckinmermaid

Honey Creek, WI

#1 Oct 10, 2009
go figure SWIFT spilled the beans.Us drivers have known that their drivers are idiots and this is just another sign of proof.It is obvious from pick that SWIFT tried to beat the train and lost.There is a need to push for companies to hire quality not quantity drivers to decrease accidents and financial loss both lawsuits and freight claims .
Swift owner operator

Laguna Niguel, CA

#2 Oct 11, 2009
I take exception to the comment, "swift drivers are idiots". Every company has idiots driving for it. I have been with Swift almost 8, accident free years, 1 Million miles too.
I agree that swift may have more idiots then most. I think they want to switch to more O/O's, at least thats what I hear. If Odumbo gets his health care plan, Company drivers will cost too much to insure for healthcare.....O/O's won't count....
big road wake up

United States

#3 Oct 11, 2009
driver working intermodal gets railroaded........ci

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Swift Transportation Co Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
swift drivers beware (May '10) Sep 7 SwiftieSadness 31
Swift Hit With Class Action Lawsuit Over Indepe... (Mar '10) Feb '14 terry 77
Lakeville man at center of latest alleged Ponzi... (May '10) Oct '13 keeper 2
Shortage of truck drivers leads to increase in ... (Jul '13) Sep '13 jessicarobin 2
Teamsters seeking to organize port truckers (Mar '09) May '13 mudflap 72
Swift Transportation fires more truck drivers f... (Sep '09) Feb '13 florela 180
Questar to Build CNG Facility in Houston for Sw... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Wild bill 1
•••

Swift Transportation Co People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••