swift push driver to death
alan walker

Tellico Plains, TN

#1 Sep 12, 2011
on 9-9-2011 my bother fred walker was kill. he work for swift. he had a heart actt. he sould not have ben on the road his doctor say no but the swift people doctor say yes and he not ever a real doctor. his boss say go or get fire. and has boss keep him out on the road for long like 3 mo at a time. swift can go to hell for kill my bother.
nobody

Duncan, SC

#2 Sep 13, 2011
Sorry to hear about your brother. I am sure your in great pain but you can't point the finger as your brother may not have told Swift that his doctor didn't want him to drive or that he was having health problems. You would be shocked at the things driver's keep from their mangers as they can't afford to be put off the truck whil so they don't tell them. As far as keeping him on the road, drivers set their hometime with Swift themselves. They can put in a request to be home. They must stay out 6 days to earn one day of hometime. Many drivers choose not to put in a home time request and stay on the road to make more money. Swift doesn't force drivers not to go home. Every company has it's share of bad managers as well as bad drivers but just remember your brother may not have told you the full story. Swift sends it's drivers to have physicals by a real doctor every two years as required by law. The majority of driver's health problems are due to poor eating habits and lack of physical exertion and smoking as well. I am very sorry for your loss.
Al Capozzi

Boston, MA

#3 May 20, 2012
Where was your brother from I am looking for my friend from
Swift that I cannot reach his name was Fred
Al Capozzi

Boston, MA

#4 May 20, 2012
Please contact me at [email protected]
TEXPAT

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jun 26, 2012
nobody wrote:
Sorry to hear about your brother. I am sure your in great pain but you can't point the finger as your brother may not have told Swift that his doctor didn't want him to drive or that he was having health problems. You would be shocked at the things driver's keep from their mangers as they can't afford to be put off the truck whil so they don't tell them. As far as keeping him on the road, drivers set their hometime with Swift themselves. They can put in a request to be home. They must stay out 6 days to earn one day of hometime. Many drivers choose not to put in a home time request and stay on the road to make more money. Swift doesn't force drivers not to go home. Every company has it's share of bad managers as well as bad drivers but just remember your brother may not have told you the full story. Swift sends it's drivers to have physicals by a real doctor every two years as required by law. The majority of driver's health problems are due to poor eating habits and lack of physical exertion and smoking as well. I am very sorry for your loss.
HEY MANAGEMENT!!! It does not take an English Major to understand the two people in these posts.
You apparently have little management/leadership experience to instill safety, teamwork, or training. Your just collecting a paycheck and "Following Company Policy"; a " Yes Man". Truck Drivers are not totally without fault with the threat of losing their jobs to a computer QualCom message.
Get your act together and quit complaint to the press about not being able to keep drivers.
Ask yourself; why do you think Uniions are going after your company? If you can not figure it out then get a refund on your MBA .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Swift Transportation Co Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Hit With Class Action Lawsuit Over Indepe... (Mar '10) Jun '17 Berkeley0785 80
News Swift founder to buy Central Freight (Feb '06) Jun '17 Obumer 13
News Questar to Build CNG Facility in Houston for Sw... (Jan '13) Jun '17 Obumer 3
swift drivers beware (May '10) May '17 Johnsweeksgirlfri... 41
swift rehiring (Jan '09) Feb '16 843 mac 44
News Arizona Chamber Honors Jerry Moyes With Inaugur... (Aug '07) Jul '15 peewee 28
News Swift Transportation fires more truck drivers f... (Sep '09) Mar '15 what about OOIDA 182
More from around the web