Trailer slams into Youngsville restaurant

Sep 3, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News Observer

A truck driver who fell asleep at the wheel slammed into a Youngsville restaurant shortly after 8 a.m. this morning leaving the town without power.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Hammerdown-Hamme rlane

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Judged:

Another Swiftie driver has a preventable accident? Is that really news? Not to those of us professional CDL-A drivers who once drove for that half-ass outfit. I drove for MS-Carriers and then briefly for Swift after the 2002 merger. I left Swift and its low-life mgmt for a much better paying job and have not looked back. Dollar General dedicated driver and asleep at the wheel? Usually the dedicated accounts require drivers with some experience ie 1YR for the Target Stores dedicated account I ran all over N.E. After the merger,Swift in its infinite wisdom started allowing students,with 3-6Mos driving exp. on dedicated accounts. Go figure-that's real safe! Coming from a company that would allow a new driver with only 6Mos. exp. to become a trainer,no surprise that somebody crashed into a building! I am happy that nobody was severely injured/killed. The Swift driver in this story needs to be fired and lose their CDL-A license, at the very least mandatory license suspension. No reputable carrier would consider hiring that Swiftie. I suggest he reapply to Swift,after say 90days.They would likely re-hire one of their own.Nobody else will!!!
Pike4ever

Hookerton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

They need to keep it closed!Friday nights use to the "the night" for a wonderful seafood buffett.NOW it seems as if they cater to blacks.The food is not of good quailty.The grease is old.And you have to wait for food.I have since quit going.If I wanted to eat arounnd fat black porkers filling up 2 plates at a time,I would go sit in the neaest watermelon field with them all.Johnson's is nothing short of one big TRIBAL FEST.
Dave

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

It was nice of them to open up a drive thru.
emerson bigguns

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Pike4ever wrote:
They need to keep it closed!Friday nights use to the "the night" for a wonderful seafood buffett.NOW it seems as if they cater to blacks.The food is not of good quailty.The grease is old.And you have to wait for food.I have since quit going.If I wanted to eat arounnd fat black porkers filling up 2 plates at a time,I would go sit in the neaest watermelon field with them all.Johnson's is nothing short of one big TRIBAL FEST.
don't hold back...tell us how you really feel about it!
Joe LaForm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Pike4ever wrote:
Wow,you love being a big piece of white racist southern trash!
Pike4ever

Hookerton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

SO,jOEGONNA BLOW............Call names if you like,I don't like sitting beside a bunch of greasy,slobbering subs.You call your's,I call mine.
Joe LaForm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Ill call you retarded
Pike4ever

Roseboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

Well Joe,go blow.
Pike4ever

Roseboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

Oh,and I see it's up for sale.I guess those porkers really kept the business up and going by filling up pocketbooks before they left.
theresa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2009

well, Swift does not care about keeping it's excellent employees by cancelling their owner/operator health insurance SO they have to deal with hiring such low lifes. I wonder if the mexicans in the merger will get health insurance?

What a total dissapointment Swift is.
snowman

Fisherville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Well that is SWIFT for ya. I drive for someone else on a Wal*Mart dedicated, and have had a couple of those days where I was jus too tired. Difference is I told my manager and guess what...I went to bed like anyone with a little sence would do.
Michael

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

Regarding Swift Cancelling the Health Insurance plan for O/O's, I would call the Department of Labor and let them know. There is the COBRA ACT. If Swift does not offer COBRA then they should explain WHY. I simply cannot understand why they would risk losing their o/o's? Perhpas they just do not matter to them anymore. Maybe they want them to quit so Swift can take their trucks back?
There has to be some kind of underhanded reason.
OWNER OPERATORS!!! CALL THE LABOR DEPARTMENT!
bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

Judged:

There are a lot of African American eating a lot bett than you or I pal. One of them lives in the Whitehouse and I voted for him. He's the best thing that could have happened to this country after Bush's wrecking ball team.

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

S-Sure
W-Wish
I-I
F-Finished
T-Training

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Swift Transportation Co Discussions

Search the Swift Transportation Co Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
swift drivers beware (May '10) Mar '14 Drover 30
Swift Hit With Class Action Lawsuit Over Indepe... (Mar '10) Feb '14 terry 77
Lakeville man at center of latest alleged Ponzi... (May '10) Oct '13 keeper 2
Shortage of truck drivers leads to increase in ... (Jul '13) Sep '13 jessicarobin 2
Teamsters seeking to organize port truckers (Mar '09) May '13 mudflap 72
Swift Transportation fires more truck drivers f... (Sep '09) Feb '13 florela 180
Questar to Build CNG Facility in Houston for Sw... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Wild bill 1
•••
•••
•••
•••