2 hurt in suspected retaliatory shooting

Two men were shot and a third was being sought by police after gunfire erupted just before noon Thursday at the Meadows apartments on the city's Northside. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
3 people shot WHO CARES

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Mar 16, 2007
That's right... I said who cares! There's a poker game IN PROGRESS...

START ME SOME BACKUP!!!

God bless the merger.
Thank Heavens

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Mar 16, 2007
I just had to say I am so thankful I moved from there. I lived there about two years ago, and moving was the best damn thing I could have done.
truth bringer

United States

#3 Mar 16, 2007
Black people shooting people? NO WAY!
VE_McFarland

Budapest, Hungary

#4 Mar 16, 2007
Yep, with weapons just like the one in the gunrack in the back window of your pickup on blocks in front of your trailer.
Semper Fi

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Mar 16, 2007
Getting more like Beriut every day...
hey

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Mar 16, 2007
nice job bro.
Hoss

Little Rock, AR

#8 Mar 16, 2007
Semper Fi wrote:
Getting more like Beriut every day...
Beriut, the best baseball player what eber libbed.
pave it

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Mar 16, 2007
Pave the meadows. It is a section 8 hole in the earth. Crime drops 20% the day it shuts down totally. Or Bartie Bart can put up a street light.

Since: Mar 07

Indy

#11 Mar 16, 2007
As sad as it is, are we suprised? They really should consider closing down those apartments. Or get a couple more officers to patrol it. Crime has never been a stranger to that place, hell it was horrible back when I was in high school, and that was twelve years ago. I'm sure it isn't any better now.
WORLD ENDING

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Mar 16, 2007
THE MEADOWS?????????? IM NOT SUPRISE.......... WHAT DOES STREET LIGHTS HAS TO DO WITH ANYTHING?????????? PEOPLE GET KILLED IN BRIGHT DAYLIGHT..........

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis

#14 Mar 16, 2007
pave it wrote:
Pave the meadows. It is a section 8 hole in the earth. Crime drops 20% the day it shuts down totally. Or Bartie Bart can put up a street light.
All that's going to do is push the crime further out into the community. If you shut THAT section 8 housing down, it will send them to other section 8 housing, whether apartment buildings, or private section 8 rentals. It just runs the possibility of bringing the violence closer to your home.

If any of the houses in your neighborhood are rentals, they could very well be section 8 qualified,(whether you know it or not), this whole scenario could be living right up the street from you.

I say keep it somewhat contained, as it is now.
Been Around

AOL

#15 Mar 16, 2007
The Meadows area is about as Third World as a place can get. I've been in some exciting places in Central America and the Balkans and Meadows is hangin' real good with the worst of them.
Is there any particular reason as to why people in our city have to live in such a place? Unless the black community, myself included, takes it upon themselves to bring ourselves and our children up and out of poverty then it's going to get a whole lot worse that already is.
Detroit has 12,000 abandoned homes and Indianapolis now has close to 15,000.
cjw

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Mar 16, 2007
I saw the search party for it from my work. Even if the K9 units couldn't track him down, you would think a partially naked man with the temps in the 20's yesterday would have been easy to find. They put 2 in the paddy wagon. Who were they?
local_DJ_4200

United States

#17 Mar 16, 2007
IT'S NOT A BLACK THING NOR WHITE THING WE ARE ALL HOOSIERS & GOD PUT ALL OF HIS HERE TO HELP EACHOTHER IF HE DIDN'T HE WOULD HAVE PUT EVERYONE ON THEIR OWN LITTLE ISLAND NOW IS NOT THE TIME THAT WE ARGUE OVER RACE WE NEED TO BE ON OUR HANDS & KNEES PRAYING FOR THESE FAMILIES THAT ARE NOW DESTROYED

GOD BLESS EVERYONE,
YOUR LOCAL UNDERGROUND DJ
DJ 4200 BKA BRANDON G.
Go Ahead and Re Load

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Mar 16, 2007
3 people shot WHO CARES wrote:
That's right... I said who cares! There's a poker game IN PROGRESS...
START ME SOME BACKUP!!!
God bless the merger.
Only 14 posts on this forum in eight hours?

Apparently, not many people do care. Too bad Notre Dame doesn't threaten a copyright infringement suit on the Meadows. Then, EVERYONE would care.

Until then, nobody will.
Groover Cobb

New Palestine, IN

#19 Mar 16, 2007
I feel the city should close down the meadow's complax on E.38th street it's been a on going thing for year's and more and more crime is being and is going to contuie in that eara intal the city step's in and shut's it down.
Danielle Green

Muncie, IN

#21 Mar 16, 2007
This was an outragous act against a man who had nothing to do with the crime that happened sunday. Whatever that might be. Jermaine Smith is a loving, caring, kind, gentle man. He is a wonderful father and I love him for that.
Danielle Green

Muncie, IN

#22 Mar 16, 2007
Whoever said you who cares that 3 men got shot in the meadows go to hell. I care I love one of those men he is the father of 3 beautiful kids who worship the ground he walks on, he was in the wrong place ast the wrong time. So go to hell and by the way hoiw would you feel it was one of your loved ones.
Danielle Green

Muncie, IN

#23 Mar 16, 2007
hi
it figures

Valencia, PA

#24 Mar 16, 2007
Danielle Green wrote:
Whoever said you who cares that 3 men got shot in the meadows go to hell. I care I love one of those men he is the father of 3 beautiful kids who worship the ground he walks on, he was in the wrong place ast the wrong time. So go to hell and by the way hoiw would you feel it was one of your loved ones.
only 3 kids? how many diffent baby mamas was dere? that boy mus be UGLY! AND FAT!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scheid Vineyards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
River Road - not so secret wine tasting (Jan '10) Jan '10 rllargen 1
Scheid Vineyards awards scholarships (Jul '09) Jul '09 Virender Kumar 1
4th District race costliest in county (May '08) Nov '08 Biff 9
tasting room manager (May '07) Jul '07 Kristopher James 3
Girl shot in face changes her story (Jun '07) Jun '07 That Guy 44
2 hurt in suspected retaliatory shooting (Mar '07) Mar '07 snark 1

Scheid Vineyards People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE