Girl shot in face changes her story

Girl shot in face changes her story

There are 44 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 14, 2007, titled Girl shot in face changes her story. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A Far-Southside teen who was shot in the face this week recanted her story Thursday and admitted the gun fell out of her purse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sealionindy

United States

#1 Jun 15, 2007
amazing what young girls will do.
why

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jun 15, 2007
Hope she learned to leave guns alone. She will have a reminer of her stupidy for the rest of her life.
You got to be kiddin me

United States

#3 Jun 15, 2007
If there are no consequences for her actions --
the gun may leave the house next time!
Wake up people! There has to be discipline for our kids!
Concerned

Palo Alto, CA

#4 Jun 15, 2007
You got to be kiddin me wrote:
If there are no consequences for her actions --
the gun may leave the house next time!
Wake up people! There has to be discipline for our kids!
Umm, I think they meant there would be no "legal" consequences. I doubt that grandpa just let this pass. He almost lost a granddaughter.
tinman

Redwood City, CA

#5 Jun 15, 2007
if shooting yourself in the face does teach you anything you are destined to a life of stupipity most likely a short one.
How about change

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Jun 15, 2007
Guns should be outlawed. Let's change the US Constitution. Perhaps there should be legal consequences for grandpa leaving a gun within reach of a minor. All this could have been avoided if owning a gun were illegal.
Anit-Lib

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Jun 15, 2007
I told all of you morons that there was more to this story than she let on. All of you gun control Libs were crying for the innocent victim of yet another attack with a gun. You were half right, SHE should not own a gun.

“YAHTZEE!!”

Since: Mar 07

Metropolis

#8 Jun 15, 2007
How about change wrote:
Guns should be outlawed. Let's change the US Constitution. Perhaps there should be legal consequences for grandpa leaving a gun within reach of a minor. All this could have been avoided if owning a gun were illegal.
Then can we change it so that stupid people cannot speak their free will?
BSW

United States

#9 Jun 15, 2007
"The gun fell out of her purse and discharged, striking her in the face."
The bullet ripped through Amber's left cheek, nasal cavity and upper lip, according to an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department report"

I copied the first paragraph from the article... Some how, this doesnt make sense to me, so please help me understand. Maybe I am missing something... How could the bullet go through her left cheek then through her nasal cavitiy and then exit through her upper lip if the bullet came from the ground up as a result of her dropping the gun to the ground? Is there something that I am just not getting...?
neighbor

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jun 15, 2007
They need to look further into this.There is no dad and mom is a felon with a purse too.Kids will always protect there mom.There needs to be something done about this or everyone will think its ok to carry a gun in their purses(even felons)
indianapolis mom

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jun 15, 2007
do something to protect this girl
Well duh

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Jun 15, 2007
Ray Charles could have seen that this was what happened.
makemyday

Palo Alto, CA

#13 Jun 15, 2007
How about change wrote:
Everyone should be required to own a gun and know how to use it. Survival of the fittest, survival of the fittest.
go ahead punk

Palo Alto, CA

#14 Jun 15, 2007
Survival of the quickest.
Do you feel lucky

Palo Alto, CA

#15 Jun 15, 2007
Survival of the smartest.
well do ya punk

Palo Alto, CA

#16 Jun 15, 2007
A gun in the hand is worth two bats in a bush.

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

#17 Jun 15, 2007
How about change wrote:
You know. The mere fact that you believe that dribble scares the H*LL out of me. Thank god and the NRA, that will never happen.
Bad Santa

United States

#18 Jun 15, 2007
You'll shoot your eye out kid! Ho Ho Ho
Bad Santa

United States

#19 Jun 15, 2007
tinman wrote:
if shooting yourself in the face does teach you anything you are destined to a life of stupipity most likely a short one.
hopefully lol
luvs me somes Shrimps

United States

#20 Jun 15, 2007
BSW wrote:
"The gun fell out of her purse and discharged, striking her in the face."
The bullet ripped through Amber's left cheek, nasal cavity and upper lip, according to an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department report"
I copied the first paragraph from the article... Some how, this doesnt make sense to me, so please help me understand. Maybe I am missing something... How could the bullet go through her left cheek then through her nasal cavitiy and then exit through her upper lip if the bullet came from the ground up as a result of her dropping the gun to the ground? Is there something that I am just not getting...?
depends on her race. You know what I'm saying?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scheid Vineyards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News River Road - not so secret wine tasting (Jan '10) Jan '10 rllargen 1
News Scheid Vineyards awards scholarships (Jul '09) Jul '09 Virender Kumar 1
News 4th District race costliest in county (May '08) Nov '08 Biff 9
News tasting room manager (May '07) Jul '07 Kristopher James 3
News 2 hurt in suspected retaliatory shooting (Mar '07) Mar '07 Crazy Young Carme... 25
News 2 hurt in suspected retaliatory shooting (Mar '07) Mar '07 snark 1
More from around the web