QEMU emulator install of Solaris 10 (sun4u platform - Sun UltraSPARC 200 MHz)

Posted in the Sun Microsystems Forum

Matt_QEMU

Atlantic City, NJ

#1 Apr 24, 2012
I want to use QEMU to install a Solaris 10 virtual machine on a Windows XP system. The HW platform I am basing the effort on is sun4u and the info I have is that the hardware to be emulated is a Sun Ultra 2 UPA/SBus (2 x UltraSPARC 200 MHz) system.

Other info : Service code - A14-220
Part #- 600-404-01
barcode - NLS000798

I believe it is a 64-bit processor and is most likely a SPARC Sun UltraSparc IIi. However, I want to be certain that I have the correct selection of hardware made since there is not an exact match in the dropdown list for the Sun4u platform 64-bit.
Maybe the platform should be Sun4v ?

Seems like the hardware selection could also be SPARC Sun UltraSparc IIIi, SPARC Sun UltraSparc T1, or another that I have not listed.

PROM revisions are OBP 3.1.5 8-27-1996 and POST 3.1.5 6-28-1996 .

I hope this is enough detail for someone to be able to verify which specific hardware selection applies for my QEMU installation attempt of a Solaris 10 virtual system.
Thank you,
- Matt_QEMU

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sun Microsystems Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calif lawmaker seeks to reopen Martin's Beach (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jay Chong 1
Sun Abandons Rock Processor Project: Report (Jun '09) Mar '13 akash 2
Arista Snags Ex-Palo Alto CFO and Ex-Cisco SDN ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 nitin tyagi 1
Why auto updating almost everyday? (Jul '11) Nov '11 Maria Hudacek 2
IPMI firmware update for SUN V20Z (Sep '11) Sep '11 Esther Epstein 1
Why Did Sun Microsystems Fail? (May '10) Jun '11 Ram 3
Connection Database... (Apr '11) Apr '11 cyberwin88 2
More from around the web