Robbers Go On Sunoco Spree

Robbers Go On Sunoco Spree

There are 3 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Jun 26, 2008, titled Robbers Go On Sunoco Spree. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

A couple of brazen robbers have been on a robbery spree in Philadelphia recently, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

Sir Spamalot

United States

#1 Jun 26, 2008
Lmao, this is the worst case of writing that I've seen in my life. Thanks for the over abundance of info!!
Sir Spamalot

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2008
Maybe it would look better liked this, JA#####

Philadelphia police are warning workers at gas stations -- especially Sunoco stations -- that they may be targets for criminals.

Police don't dismiss the idea that has fuel prices rise and there's more cash being spent, that gas stations are more profitable targets for crime.

Since May, several Sunoco stations and their "A+ Mini Markets" have been hit in the lower Northeast and along Wissahickon Avenue.

Lt. Frank Vanore of the Philadelphia Police Department says two black men in their late teens or early 20s, wearing black Converse "Chuck Taylor" sneakers, were caught on tape during at least one stickup:

"(One) produces a handgun, announces a robbery, and demands money from the employee at the Sunoco A+. In many of these cases several hundred dollars was taken; in one case back in May, up to $14,000 was taken in the robbery."

If you know anything about the robberies, call 215-686-TIPS. You can remain anonymous.
James

Allentown, NJ

#5 Jun 26, 2008
Sorry folks but I got no problem with Tyrone, Jamal, Rasheed and Bubba strongarming all of these overpriced gas stations. 95% of them are run by freakin foreigners who pretend they can't understand English (but you can be darn sure they do!) and they act and talk in their own language while they operate their rigged gas pumps that short-change you 10-15 cents per gallon at every fillup. It would be different if "Pahrook Patel" and his greasy curry-eating cousins from India and Pakistan were doing honest business but as most of them ain't I ain't gots no sympthay when one of "da brothas" takes them for $12 grand in cash. Like it or not dat's the way it be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunoco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Part 3: Multiple Blows (Apr '12) Jun '17 MuKappaD 11
News D.A. still weighing murder charges in beating o... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Holotta Wytrache 2
News High oil prices pinching refiners, too Refiners... (Apr '08) Mar '14 Bella 2
News Briggs King battles McGinn to keep her seat (Oct '12) Oct '12 Get Paid Daily 1
News Sunoco Retail Sale Speculation Grows (May '12) May '12 Barbara Harris 1
News The Week in Words: Selling a refinery; selling ... (May '12) May '12 Anonymous 1
News Sunoco, Officials Huddle On Refinery Use (Feb '12) Apr '12 moradiego 3
More from around the web