Schumer expected to push for Navy's C...

Schumer expected to push for Navy's Calverton cleanup

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 29, 2009, titled Schumer expected to push for Navy's Calverton cleanup. In it, Newsday reports that:

Worried that a plume of chemical-laden groundwater from the former Navy-owned Grumman property in Calverton will damage the Peconic River, residents and local officials are pressing the Navy to move more quickly to clean up the contamination.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

The Clean Up Woman

Belmar, NJ

#1 Mar 29, 2009
Good! Now take care of Photocircuits.
Up Chuck

Coram, NY

#2 Mar 29, 2009
Chuck has the courage to spend other people's money on projects where companies who know and love Chuck, and express it, get the contracts.

I was listening to a hymn on youtube that was played at Diana's funeral. Very moving. That was when I first heard it. The next time I heard it was when Chuck used it as background music in his campaign ads.

Yucch! What a dirtbag move. Using a hymn from someone's televised funeral to pull in votes.

The title of the hymn is "I vow to thee my country". More BS from the Chuckster. He vowed to grab with both hands as long as he could.

The image, however, has some possibilities. Chuck being carried down the nave of Westminster Cathedral by the Welsh Guards is kinda neat. I wouldn't even want him to be dead. Just lying on his back smiling for the cameras and thinking this is great TV.

Where do we find such politicians? The Gowanus Canal must be overflowing.
beaten like a mule

Andover, NJ

#3 Mar 30, 2009
This should be cleaned up but , let me understand this.. We have millions of miles of Petroleum based roadways thet let petroleum leach into all our waterways but schumer is jumping on this one isolated incident so the Grounds will be considered clean and schumer can give the green light for builders to build on what should be left alone without them worrying about getting stuck with the cleanup expense.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#4 Mar 30, 2009
Drill holes, get a lotta really long straws and hold a Republican Luau at calverton. We already know They all suck and the stuff in the Calverton ground has just gotta be less toxic than that Kool-Aid Formula they all drink so they can endure another hour of Rush Limbore or Fixed News.
Chucky Tapir

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#5 Mar 30, 2009
Chucky is a tapir. He is one of the many senators from Israel. A place that has far more representation in the US Congress than any American one state.
http://tinyurl.com/d7d2wr

“she may be a murderer, but....”

Since: Dec 07

she'll ensure U cant prove it

#6 Mar 30, 2009
sure, like the big beak senator really cares about LI
Suffolk Liars Club

Fairfield, CT

#7 Mar 30, 2009
Meanwhile, back in Yaphank, the Suffolk County Trap and Skeet Range has been polluting the groundwater for decades and IT'S wells have tested positive for LEAD CONTAMINATION and even ARSENIC has been found in a plume that's headed for the Carmans River.

Peter Scully presides over the Central Pine Barrens Joint Planning and Policy Commission whose JOB IT IS to care for the Pine Barrens especially the CORE PRESERVATION AREA where this shooting range is located. So where's the big investigation for Suffolk County's very own toxic waste dump? Where's the Newsday article pointing out that SUFFOLK COUNTY'S OWN DOCUMENTS describe the lead at their own shooting range as HAZARDOUS WASTE?

That's OK though, as usual the "common folk" have to do the politician's jobs for them and some obviously have done this because I got all of this information from this website: http://www.levylead.com/

Check this site out to find out what all of these so-called "leaders" have ignored for too long.

http://www.levylead.com/
Bob

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Apr 1, 2009
Are you fed up with out-of-control government spending and taxation. Join us at "The Suffolk County American Tea Party" April 15th @ 7pm Downtown Riverhead at "The Riverfront". They are spending away our children's future!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suffolk Bancorp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nesconset man sentenced in slaying of Smithtown... (Jun '08) Mar '16 Ms J 18
News Cutchogue woman dies in hit-run (Aug '08) Nov '15 lorraine 203
News Pumpkin picking on Long Island (Oct '08) Aug '13 Woodlands Waterway 26
News Cops seek witnesses in William Floyd High shooting (Dec '08) May '13 Tim B MBV Security 60
News Lawmakers call for MTA to take over Suffolk's b... (May '09) Jul '12 Ann 27
News Huntington bagel baker testifies in murder trial (Jan '09) Jun '12 Uri 23
News Title insurance agent charged with larcenies (Jul '08) Jan '12 T Cidoni 4
More from around the web