New Yaphank jail $14 million over budget

Full story: Newsday

The lowest bid for Suffolk's largest public works project - the first 600 cells of a new county jail in Yaphank - has come in $14 million over its $120-million budget.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Gary

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

ow about we just ship all the illegals home. Should clear up plenty of room in our jails
cracker

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Gary wrote:
ow about we just ship all the illegals home. Should clear up plenty of room in our jails
Sounds like the right idea, although I will vote for jail bond issues, but not school construction. Why pay a middleman?
Common Sense

Port Jefferson Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Shipping illegals home isn't such a bad idea... if Arnold had done so in California he wouldn't be looking at a MULTI BILLION dollar hole in his budget! The cost of jails... schools and hospital beds to "care" for the illegals is staggering!

Before anyone jumps up and down about that idea being cold... REMEMBER each and every one of the countries these folks come from (ie Mexico) have constitutional provisions against providing ANY service to non citizens!

Funny how all the do gooders out there glaze over that!

BTW... Got my property tax bill today! Merry Christmas!

east end nut

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

If you build it, they will come.
Party On

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Put'em in tents, and make them wear pink hospital gowns. Save us all money.
Timmy O Toole

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

They should get the chef that is running the east meadow jail.
TheSheriffExpose d

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Now we see the real cost of the Sheriff's Dept.. To save $$, why not give up on the highway patrol function...And the boat...And the Motorcycles.. And the 'Community Resource Unit'....
Proud American

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

What a surprize, a project over budget in NY. I never would have thought. I agree that sending the Illegals back would clear up space, but don't stop there. the same should go for anyone here on a green card. you're obviously undesireable, back you go.
paul

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

Judged:

The big "cost cutter" Levy has been a real pussycat in this project. I smell a rat. Who cares about "overcrowded prisioners"? Stack them up like cordwood, do you think I give a damn?
cracker

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

Judged:

Proud American wrote:
What a surprize, a project over budget in NY. I never would have thought. I agree that sending the Illegals back would clear up space, but don't stop there. the same should go for anyone here on a green card. you're obviously undesireable, back you go.
What is the law for crimes by a green card holder? Not that it matters, the law for illegals is only enforced for a kosher meat packing place too tight to pay the bribes!
Mo Elsayed

Ridge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

paul wrote:
The big "cost cutter" Levy has been a real pussycat in this project. I smell a rat. Who cares about "overcrowded prisioners"? Stack them up like cordwood, do you think I give a damn?
Dear Paul,
This is the difference between us as Americans and the rest of the world. We care and value the humanbeings rights.I was working for our fedral government in Iraq and we were fighting for the freedom and liberty for everyone including improving the jails systems and conditions in Iraq.Please, don't forget that America is the greatest nation who fight and respect the human rights.
May God bless our great nation and bring our troops back home safe

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Suffolk Bancorp Discussions

Search the Suffolk Bancorp Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Nesconset man sentenced in slaying of Smithtown... (Jun '08) Dec '13 Chris 13
Pumpkin picking on Long Island (Oct '08) Aug '13 Woodlands Waterway 26
Cops seek witnesses in William Floyd High shooting (Dec '08) May '13 Tim B MBV Security 60
Lawmakers call for MTA to take over Suffolk's b... (May '09) Jul '12 Ann 27
Huntington bagel baker testifies in murder trial (Jan '09) Jun '12 Uri 23
Title insurance agent charged with larcenies (Jul '08) Jan '12 T Cidoni 4
Arrested for attempted rape, Middle Island bus ... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Justice 1
•••
•••
•••
•••