Canada Stocks Rise on Oil Prices, Led...

Canada Stocks Rise on Oil Prices, Led by Suncor; Research In Mo...

There are 1 comment on the Bloomberg.com story from Jul 17, 2007, titled Canada Stocks Rise on Oil Prices, Led by Suncor; Research In Mo.... In it, Bloomberg.com reports that:

Canadian stocks rose after oil prices reached an 11-month high and the biggest mobile-phone operator in Japan said it would begin selling Research In Motion Ltd.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.com.

the Realist

Brooksville, FL

#1 Jul 17, 2007
As long as the US Dollar remains weak, I believe you will see an increase in oil prices. We have to realize that the OPEC countries need to keep their economies in tact. Selling their oil which is pegged in US Dollars is not in their best interest. There has been talk that they want to set the Barrel Price Benchmark in EUROs which is selling at a premium to the US Dollar. Substituting the EURO for US Dollars is no different than changing out a DOW stock in the INDEX. The dollar is not a welcome currency at this present time. If you were a OPEC country would you rather have EUROs or US Dollars.

TO OFFSET THIS WEAK DOLLAR THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO INCREASE THE PRICE OF OIL TO MAKE UP FOR THE WEAKNESS IN THE US DOLLAR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suncor Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Research Analysts' Weekly Ratings Changes for S... (Jun '16) Jun '16 William Smallwood 1
....Israel...FOUND...Oil..?... (Jan '14) Feb '14 PAUL SHYKORA arts 2
News Canadian Oil Sands sees continued volatility in... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Hockey Man 1
News Suncor Pleads Guilty to Price-Fixing in Ontario (Apr '12) Apr '12 no real Joy 1
News Has Suncor Energy Become the Perfect Stock? (Feb '12) Mar '12 Janine 4
News Toxics from Suncor refinery spill still seeping... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Sniper II 2
News Benzene levels remained elevated in Sand Creek ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 karl42 19
More from around the web