Why the attacks on Star Scientific? F...

Why the attacks on Star Scientific? Follow the money

Posted in the Star Scientific Forum

Carol A

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 2, 2013
Star Scientific's product, Anatabloc, is extremely effective against inflammation. And that's a big, big market. One anti-inflammatory drug, Humira for rheumatoid arthritis, is said to be the world's most lucrative medication. And there are dozens more. Anatabloc reduces inflammation better than than the others do, with fewer side effects.
The market is growing. Inflammation is involved in many diseases of aging, including not only arthritis, but thyroiditis and MS. The arterial plaque that threatens our hearts becomes much more dangerous when there is inflammation. There is increasing evidence that inflammation is part of the Alzheimer's process.
Sales of Anatabloc are up over 500% year over year as word spreads of its effectiveness. GNC named it product of the year. This must come as a real threat to some competitors.
I myself have benefited from the medication in a dramatic way. I am saddened--even appalled--to think that people will not be able to obtain similar benefits from Anatabloc if its enemies succeed in destroying the company.
They have planted false information about the research. They have made a big deal of a $15,000 political donation (never mind some other political donors we have heard of). Now a number of law firms are looking to start stockholder suits. In order to find a lead plaintiff, one law firm worked with a person who bought the stock in January 2013, held it for one week, and filed suit.
Any reporter following this case needs to follow the money. That will reveal the real force behind the rumors, lawsuits, and false allegations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Star Scientific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Virginia First Lady Sentenced to One Year in... (Feb '15) Apr '17 Slick Wiener Oreilly 41
News Ex-Va. Gov. McDonnell and wife charged with fed... (Jan '14) May '16 Geezer Heimers 41
News Ex-Va. governor: Favors were routine courtesies... (Apr '15) May '15 swedenforever 7
News Ex-Va. attorneys general: Drop McDonnell's charges (Apr '14) Apr '14 Jorja Fox 1
News Lawyers: Case against ex-Va. governor no slam dunk (Jan '14) Jan '14 facebuck 13
News Former Va. Gov. Robert McDonnell, wife charged (Jan '14) Jan '14 Carolo43 1
News Star CEO says he told McDonnell of loan to firs... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Star John 1
More from around the web