St. Jude refuses discount requests

St. Jude refuses discount requests

There are 3 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 21, 2009, titled St. Jude refuses discount requests. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Some hospitals are demanding deeper discounts before making medical-device purchases, manufacturers say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

T-Bone

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Oct 21, 2009
Way to show some back bone St. Jude! Big hospital buying groups are a 1 trick pony trying to make huge profits by squeezing the very people who are making them successful. Hospital administration 101: lay off nurses and all the people who are the face of their organizaion, squeeze the U.S.A. product manufacturers so they can buy Chinese junk, go to the Dells for annual meeting to celebrate not saving money.

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#2 Oct 22, 2009
The position taken by St. Jude is very understandable. No discounts. Period.

Reason: They must protect the integrity of the billions of dollars in profits they steal from the sick people who are not in a position to argue about prices.
Not as delusional as you

Burnsville, MN

#3 Oct 22, 2009
IrishMN wrote:
The position taken by St. Jude is very understandable. No discounts. Period.
Reason: They must protect the integrity of the billions of dollars in profits they steal from the sick people who are not in a position to argue about prices.
You would have no clue about development costs, and the cost of manufacturing under tight governmental scrutiny. Even when patents expire on medical devices, the cost of setting up and maintaining a manufacturing line is a barrier to most to get in. I know what you are trying to do, offshore the only strong manufacturing sector left in Minnesota to China, India, and the next new cheapest place. That will get your costs down, and maybe some melamine in your infant formula.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St Jude Medical Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sector Wrap: Medical Device Makers Mixed (Jul '07) Feb '17 Investor 88
problem withdeterioation of the skin over the p... Jan '17 Jack Brown 1
sorority raising money for st. jude's (Apr '14) Apr '14 Phi Sigma Sigma 1
News St. Jude device for depression implanted in fir... (Jun '08) Jan '14 Abbe 3
News Device to treat depression advances at St. Jude... (Apr '08) Sep '13 Jadon 7
News More Healthy Alternatives To Zimmer (Aug '12) Jul '13 Ray Lin 4
News St. Jude Medical Announces Key Findings at ACC.... (Mar '12) Dec '12 Raj at Earth 2
More from around the web