Wall Street CEOs open up about their ...

Wall Street CEOs open up about their gay sons

There are 22 comments on the KMIZ story from May 19, 2014, titled Wall Street CEOs open up about their gay sons. In it, KMIZ reports that:

In the "boy's club" of Wall Street, some top executives' views on gay rights changed entirely when the issue became personal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMIZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#1 May 19, 2014
When the views on gay rights becomes a personal issue and hits home...it usually does change.
davi9d traversa

Argentina

#2 May 19, 2014
Shows how utterly selfish and thoughtless human beings are, as a rule, As long as it doesn't touch us personally we can be as callous as callous can be .. It's always " I'm sorry " ... afterwards, of course ..
Pope Benedickt

Philadelphia, PA

#3 May 19, 2014
Imprtnrd wrote:
When the views on gay rights becomes a personal issue and hits home...it usually does change.
Not with our many varieties of religious cultists the views don't. Then it's the kid out on the street.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#4 May 19, 2014
Pope Benedickt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not with our many varieties of religious cultists the views don't. Then it's the kid out on the street.
Yep. To do something TRULY evil, it takes religion.
Pope Benedickt

Philadelphia, PA

#5 May 19, 2014
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. To do something TRULY evil, it takes religion.
I said "cultists," just for the record.

It's too easy to become a Unitarian or to not become one for it to be a cult, for example. There might be some other examples, too.

But there are whole micro, exile communities of now ex mormon guys thrown out, for example, although not all of them over sexual orientation.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#6 May 20, 2014
I'm pretty sure there were examples where the parents threw the kid out or the relationship struggled. Those people likely were not there to tell their stories,

Since: Nov 13

Sydney, Australia

#7 May 20, 2014
We haven't heard from eBay's Johnny Ho about his son yet ...

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#8 May 20, 2014
I suppose the saying, "Better late than never" would apply to these CEOs. We all have times in our lives when we must confront our own ignorance and bigotry, and it is a wise person who can not only see when they are wrong, but admit it publicly, and change. I applaud them, because I have known those who have not had the courage to do so.
Magic Utah Uwear

Philadelphia, PA

#9 May 21, 2014
Yakitori wrote:
I'm pretty sure there were examples where the parents threw the kid out or the relationship struggled. Those people likely were not there to tell their stories,
Well I'm pretty sure you haven't considered the stats, or more likely that you're engaged in denial again: A very high percentage of homeless youth are lgbt. If sexual orientation were not a factor in terms of parents ditching their kids then the percentage of lgbt, homeless youth wouldn't be so much higher than the percentage of lgbt youth in the population generally.

So now you've come from defending that R. quisling queer DA candidate (in San Diego?) to dismissing reality here. Your post didn't say anything in claiming that some of these disposed of kids had the usual issues unrelated to sexual orientation. That doesn't speak to the disparity I noted for your benefit.
Magic Utah Uwear

Philadelphia, PA

#11 May 21, 2014
Peter Brown wrote:
<quoted text>
Philly F
What would you do without a queer forum to visit every hour of every day? You can only risk gay hookups on c'list so many times in your downlow world.
Gay Rights Advocate

Plainfield, MA

#13 May 21, 2014
So now all of the sudden we're supposed to be supporters and accept these greedy Wall St bass turds?
Some might suggest by definition that political views, policies, and corporatism is fascism. So everyone here is "Kosher" about that?
Bunch of sell outs. Left and right.
Magic Utah Uwear

Philadelphia, PA

#14 May 21, 2014
Peter Brown wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey mouthbreeder, your mental illness is showing.
is that what you call your sister when you rape her orally?

Oh wait, that's not a question. Of course it is.
Oligopoly n Fascism

Amherst, MA

#15 May 21, 2014
"Fascism is capitalism in decay."

~Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

~"Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism'. I'm afraid, based on my own long experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."

Sen. Huey Long

~"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."

Benito Mussolini, Fascist dictator of Italy

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#16 May 22, 2014
Magic Utah Uwear wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm pretty sure you haven't considered the stats, or more likely that you're engaged in denial again: A very high percentage of homeless youth are lgbt. If sexual orientation were not a factor in terms of parents ditching their kids then the percentage of lgbt, homeless youth wouldn't be so much higher than the percentage of lgbt youth in the population generally.
So now you've come from defending that R. quisling queer DA candidate (in San Diego?) to dismissing reality here. Your post didn't say anything in claiming that some of these disposed of kids had the usual issues unrelated to sexual orientation. That doesn't speak to the disparity I noted for your benefit.
Where did i deny anything? I was saying that the CEOs that spoke were likely only the happy endings, implying that i believed that they were not representative of reality.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#17 May 22, 2014
Magic Utah Uwear wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm pretty sure you haven't considered the stats, or more likely that you're engaged in denial again: A very high percentage of homeless youth are lgbt. If sexual orientation were not a factor in terms of parents ditching their kids then the percentage of lgbt, homeless youth wouldn't be so much higher than the percentage of lgbt youth in the population generally.
So now you've come from defending that R. quisling queer DA candidate (in San Diego?) to dismissing reality here. Your post didn't say anything in claiming that some of these disposed of kids had the usual issues unrelated to sexual orientation. That doesn't speak to the disparity I noted for your benefit.
I say when parent(s) throw kids out..no matter what the reason, they have FAILED at being a parent!

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#18 May 22, 2014
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>I say when parent(s) throw kids out..no matter what the reason, they have FAILED at being a parent!
Amen to that. Coming out at age 15 in 1959 was not exactly the best decision of my life, but 15 year old kids make some poor decisions. My parents and my brothers probably thought the same, but they all stood by me. And when I was gay-bashed (three times, putting me in the hospital and leaving me with life-long problems) my family was there for me, and I even had some friends, who had avoided me after I came out, come back to support me. Everything I am, and that I have accomplished are in many ways due to the fact that I had a loving and caring family and friends. I simply cannot comprehend parents and/or siblings who would abandon a child for being true to him/her self. There would have to be a huge hole in their hearts to treat someone like that.
Theocraencyclica l

Philadelphia, PA

#19 May 22, 2014
Yakitori wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did i deny anything? I was saying that the CEOs that spoke were likely only the happy endings, implying that i believed that they were not representative of reality.
My reading comprehension fault, then.
Theocraencyclica l

Philadelphia, PA

#20 May 22, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that. Coming out at age 15 in 1959
Have you recorded your story in some anthology or spoken history project? Because you should, imo. Lots of senior groups facilitate such things.

Also, you post much younger than your age.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#21 May 22, 2014
Theocraencyclical wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you recorded your story in some anthology or spoken history project? Because you should, imo. Lots of senior groups facilitate such things.
Also, you post much younger than your age.
Thank you for the comment about age. Perhaps that has to do with the fact that I don't feel all of my 70 years. Well, most of the time. And I am around younger people a lot. In any event, I have been working on a telling of my life for a local archive. I'm putting it down on paper and organizing it before it is recorded. I was very active in the gay rights movement in St. Louis since 1969. I had to curtail it after a stroke a while back. I was not a "leader" of the movement, but did serve as an officer of some groups for a while. I was more of a behind the scenes worker, and a witness to those who truly did the up-front stuff. I'm more the paper-pusher type than the CEO type. I highly doubt my spoken history will bring any new light to the subject, but I would like to get on record my appreciation for all those that sacrificed greatly for our gains.
Theocrencyclical

Philadelphia, PA

#22 May 22, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the comment about age. Perhaps that has to do with the fact that I don't feel all of my 70 years. Well, most of the time.
Simply being out in 1959 makes you national lgbt resource. You're being modest.

And I bet few outside of St. Louis know there was a gay rights movement there as early as 1969.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Office Depot Inc. (ODP) Cut to "Hold" at Zacks ... Nov '16 U_like_to_know_88 1
News J.C. Penney Didn't Sell Enough Apparel, and Now... Nov '16 Mr X from Wall St 1
News Us Stocks-Wall St climbs on oil, earnings; Inte... Oct '16 SirPrize 2
News Singapore investors to take action against Morg... (Oct '13) Oct '16 Ibu Solimah Di Ma... 36
News Uber and Lyft are demolishing New York City tax... Oct '16 Pak Sabaruddin 1
News Wal-Mart Stores' (WMT) "Outperform" Rating Reit... Aug '16 Charmaine 2
News 'Bad news' for millions of American borrowers Aug '16 Hostis Publicus 1
More from around the web