StarTek Going Boldly After Healthcare...

StarTek Going Boldly After Healthcare Enterprise Contact Centers

There are 1 comment on the Internet Telephony story from Jul 10, 2006, titled StarTek Going Boldly After Healthcare Enterprise Contact Centers. In it, Internet Telephony reports that:

One of my first jobs in CRM was with the Enterprise Interactive consultancy of Fairfield, Connecticut.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Internet Telephony.

Since: Jul 06

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Jul 11, 2006
Anger and the Android-Anger in the workplace.

As an anger management teacher I never tell my clients to stop being angry. It is an impossible task. You could not do it if you tried. To not be angry is to not be human. Anger is a normal human emotion and it can be very useful when it serves us, not when we serve it.

Without embarrassment, I can proclaim that I am a genuine “Trekkie.” A Trekkie is a fan of the long running science- fiction series Star Trek. One of my favorite characters on the show is Data. Data is an android, a mechanical human like creation who has obtained self- awareness. Despite Data’s accelerated intelligence and sensational strength, he lacks emotions. Throughout the series Data embarks on a quest to be human- to love, to laugh, to cry and to feel anger. I’ve counseled a lot of people and it seems many of us are trying to become more robotic and less human. I’m afraid we have risen a generation of Data’s, men and women void of emotion, filled with apathy. We are unable to cry and afraid to laugh. It is as if our emotional circuitry has been fried. We are often left with one functioning base impulse, the emotion of anger. Anger is one gift of our humanity, but like all gifts we have the choice to abuse it our use it for the greater good.

www.daybreakservices.oc m

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Startek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do not work for this STarTek Cinci -bad news! (Dec '13) Feb '15 stelo 3
News StarTek is Investing in Cornwall, Expanding Wor... (Oct '10) Oct '10 AntiST 1
News StarTek tells mayor it plans to lay off 82 work... (May '10) Jul '10 USAJOBBLAST 3
News StarTek plans Costa Rica call center (Sep '09) Sep '09 Terri 1
News StarTek fires felons over contract (Jun '09) Jun '09 angry in decatur 1