StarTek tells mayor it plans to lay o...

StarTek tells mayor it plans to lay off 82 workers in Greeley in 2 ...

There are 3 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from May 11, 2010, titled StarTek tells mayor it plans to lay off 82 workers in Greeley in 2 .... In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

StarTek Inc. says it plans to lay off 82 employees in Greeley this summer, after a long-standing customer decided to eliminate the customer care outsourcing company's services.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

Italiano

Denver, CO

#1 May 11, 2010
Never heard of the outfit before now

Since: Sep 09

Kiowa, CO

#2 May 11, 2010
Me either until I goggled it:

"StarTek is a leading provider of high-value outsourcing, customer care, technical and product support, and customer loyalty solutions."

I was caught it in the technical support outsourcing rage with several major employers, including GE and UAL in the late 80s and 90s.
I was signed back to the same company’s under contract by the outsourcer. It quickly became obvious you get what you contract and pay for in this type of environment, it looks good on paper until you get what you pay for.

The trend seems to be now in insourcing (as Star TEK is seeing) as I'm now back with my formal company.
*we even outsourced then insourced our 1st line help desks in Brazil and USA after major customer complaints.
USAJOBBLAST

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jul 17, 2010
StarTek is a good company to work for. Based in Denver with offices around the US and Canada. In my previous job we did some recruiting work for them and their call center isn't the typical grind em up and spit em out outfit. www.usajobblast.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Startek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do not work for this STarTek Cinci -bad news! (Dec '13) Feb '15 stelo 3
News StarTek is Investing in Cornwall, Expanding Wor... (Oct '10) Oct '10 AntiST 1
News StarTek plans Costa Rica call center (Sep '09) Sep '09 Terri 1
News StarTek fires felons over contract (Jun '09) Jun '09 angry in decatur 1
News StarTek Going Boldly After Healthcare Enterpris... (Jul '06) Jul '06 Shannon Munofrd 1
More from around the web