Sprint's CEO, Dan Hesse, Needs to Go

Sprint's CEO, Dan Hesse, Needs to Go

There are 4 comments on the GroundReport.com story from Oct 23, 2011, titled Sprint's CEO, Dan Hesse, Needs to Go. In it, GroundReport.com reports that:

When a CEO holds a press conference and a company's stock price goes down 20% that CEO needs to go.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GroundReport.com.

tommie snyder

Atlanta, GA

#1 Oct 24, 2011
well - since i work for Verizon i stay he STAYS
22 Yr Sprint Employee

Kansas City, MO

#2 Dec 14, 2011
Who ultimately is to blame for current Sprint-Nextel financial situation? THE B-O-D. They hired Forsee and Hesse. Both complete failures from a company value perspective. Also, who approved the Nextel purchase (but lets call it a merger of equals right)? An almost criminal (in my opinion) failure of business ability, especially at this level. Who said, no thanks Apple we don't want the iPhone a few years ago? Why? Only answer is a very, very, very bad B-O-D. How do we clean out the Board I do not know?
dont worry bout who i am

United States

#3 Jan 17, 2012
sprint stock down 20% actually has nothing to do with comments made by CEO dan hesse at the press conference. To say so just shows a lag of knowlage about what is going on at sprint.
Sprint signed a contract with apple to purchase 6 million iphones! then less than 6 months later sprint signs a contract with clearwire to the tune of a little over 900 million dollars for 5 years of 4g and LTE technology.(if you aren't aware, sprint owns 51% controling interest in clearwire) That's like buying network from yourself!
Now... anyone who knows how this works realizes the stock is down because of the gamble, because of the debt that sprint has taken on, hoping it will pay of and it will! So if you are smart you will get out your checkbook and buy some stock while it's low!
techfacts

Worcester, MA

#4 Feb 24, 2012
It would give Sprint the potential to grow or the attraction to investors. Look at Apple, Steve Job came back and it has made Apple one of the best tech. companies in the world, if not the best, and Apple was nearly out of business. So, since Dan Hesse doesn't have a good short or long term plans, so I would also love to see different leadership for Sprint.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sprint Nextel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sprint says Obama net neutrality plan wouldn't ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 serfs up 9
News T-Mobile Not Stealing Customers Yet (Apr '14) Oct '14 Retired USAF 2
News Google, Sprint Team on WiMax Mobile Services (Apr '14) Apr '14 suncress2 1
News The Bonus: Three takeaways after Kansas' victor... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Yesh mehra 2
News GOP punts on immigration reform (Feb '14) Feb '14 wild child 1
News Daisy Coleman, teen at center of Maryville sexu... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reply_CIA 8
News Rock Out With New NextRadio App on Red Hot HTC ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Clammy 1
More from around the web