Highway helpers go extra miles

Highway helpers go extra miles

There are 7 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 23, 2009, titled Highway helpers go extra miles. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Sainted many times over to the St. Paul family who helped my husband and two young sons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Vanessa

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Oct 24, 2009
SPEAK ENGLISH!
Linda

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Oct 24, 2009
"Ain't" and "irregardless" are not proper English. No way. No how. It's as bad as saying 'warsh' for 'wash.'
Steve McComas

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Oct 24, 2009
I had to laugh out loud (LOL) at the comments. I think my little brother's observations were spot on. I could get my arms around them. Time along with general usage will dictate what sticks and what disappears. Some of today's phrases are the bees knees.
chuck D

Cottage Grove, MN

#4 Oct 24, 2009
Steve McComas wrote:
I had to laugh out loud (LOL) at the comments. I think my little brother's observations were spot on. I could get my arms around them. Time along with general usage will dictate what sticks and what disappears. Some of today's phrases are the bees knees.
concur! fight the power! brave new world (as it has been every year since the king's english was first spoken)
Jeff McComas

Cottage Grove, MN

#5 Oct 25, 2009
Hello, Linda:

People using "irregardless" used to bug me, too. But then I thought about language and its evolution. You need to step through the looking glass. Life is better and less frustrating over here.

A long time ago, your great-grandmother would wince at your use of a contraction "it's" much like you do for "ain't" in normal communication.

From Wiki: Contractions are used sparingly in formal written English. The APA style guide prefers that contractions not be used in scholarly papers, and recommends that the equivalent phrase in English be written out.
Fellow McComite

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Oct 26, 2009
Wat Up G'? U & UR homies got GAME!
(Now U just need to accept Comic Sans as a valid font)
-P- Out
Judith M Wicker

AOL

#7 Oct 29, 2009
On Wed at 7AM, I purchased 2 magazines from a female at the magazine stand (on the lower level, before security) at the Hubert Humphrey Terminal! Because my arms were full of jacket,suitcase,carry-on etc and I also have Parkinsons, I inadvertantly left the magazines on the counter. I realized it after going thru security, being wanded (because of titanium in knees and back), that I had forgotten my mags. I stopped at the next mag stand (upstairs) and explained what happened and the 2 ladies (On the second floor who worked there, called tainted to the first clerk who confirmed my purchase but said that I would have to return to her counter,she would not honor my receipt unless she saw me . These two angels, told me to go to their rack, find the 2 magazines, and told me to go ahead and replace them.
Sainted andthank you two wonderful people who did a lovely thing that day for someone! I said a special prayer for each of you as I boarded the plane!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St Paul Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ruben Rosario: Holocaust survivor silenced at 8... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Served 6
News New address, same Travelers (Mar '09) Jul '09 Former SPC 7
News Travelers ready to try direct sales online (May '09) May '09 Informed Consumer 1
News Travelers Calling New York, Not St. Paul, Its Home (Mar '09) Mar '09 Jay and Silent Bob 9
News $1.4 million Travelers Cos. gift hailed as 'a n... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Adam 1
News Travelers says no thanks to Treasury capital (Oct '08) Oct '08 Help Please 4
News Hartford Gets Its Umbrella Back (Feb '07) Feb '07 Sam 1
More from around the web