Send a Fellow Citizen to Space! Publi...

Send a Fellow Citizen to Space! Public Vote Open for 20 Space Race Semi-Finalists

There are 1 comment on the Freshnews story from Feb 21, 2012, titled Send a Fellow Citizen to Space! Public Vote Open for 20 Space Race Semi-Finalists. In it, Freshnews reports that:

SEATTLE, Feb. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- From 50,000 to 1,000 to 20, candidates for the Space Needle's Space Race 2012 are nearing the final competition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Freshnews.

Believes In Rules

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Feb 23, 2012
I can't be happier for those who have been selected to go. What a dream! BUT, I can tell you that the judging criteria ABSOLUTELY was NOT followed in terms of the Rubrics that were SUPPOSED to be used by the judges to award points for the final determination of the 20 "best" videos - BASED ON THE RUBRICS. The Rubric was pretty specific in terms of how (out of 100 possible points) points would be earned by the video submissions based upon what was included in the video. It appears the judges decided to "throw out" the rubrics and just go for the ones that they liked the best.
But, again, I know how happy those selected feel to still be in the running for the ultimate prize. It's just too bad that the Space needle's judges didn't "follow the rules" (judging criteria) even when many people who submitted their videos did follow the "letter of the law" with the listed Rubrics. That simply means the world won't get to vote for many persons who submitted a video that should definitely have made the cut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Space Needle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Amazon worker piloted drone around Space Needle (Jul '14) Jul '14 wichita-rick 8
News Canadians aware of flood risks but not protecti... (Mar '14) Mar '14 stories 1
News Ioan Gruffudd shows off his muscles as he walks... (Mar '14) Mar '14 IVANA SANTOS 1
News Smokers celebrate as Wash. legalizes marijuana (Dec '12) Mar '14 ThomasA 19
News Patty Isacson Sabee hired as Emp Ceo (Jan '14) Jan '14 12th Man 1
News Poll: Does the Space Needle owe Seattle a gay p... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Imprtnrd 4
News Marijuana's health effects: Memory problems, ad... (Dec '12) Jan '13 wambo 3
More from around the web