Police hope cooperation from public c...

Police hope cooperation from public continues

There are 29 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 10, 2008, titled Police hope cooperation from public continues. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Hundreds put aside fear and distrust to offer tips in 4 slayings, officials say Tom Wood Lexus Lexus Certified Pre-Owned includes 3 Year or 100,000 Total Vehicle Mileage Warranty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Big O

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 Feb 11, 2008
Now lets the judges do the right thing and give these scumbags the death penalty.
Big O

Fort Wayne, IN

#2 Feb 11, 2008
Excuse me, I mean "Now lets see the judges do the right thing".
shut em down

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Feb 11, 2008
Come on people get more involved in what is going on in and around your neighborhood so nothing like Hovey St happens again. I hope those guys involved never see the light of day again. All of them should get the death penalty.
Dennis_Daviess Co

River Falls, WI

#4 Feb 11, 2008
This kind of scum does need to be taken off of the streets. And it does not take that much to get involved either. By just setting on your porch in the afternoon you would be surprised what you can see going on around you. And as Big O said. These judges need to do the right thing by putting these people that want to cause harm to someone else in jail where they belong. Anyone that would kill a baby needs to be taken off of the street for good. We have no room for these type of people to be in any neighborhood no mater what they are doing. If their only cause is to do harm to someone else then they need to be locked up like the animal that they are. One other thing. These judges that we elect into office need to get a back bone and put these creeps where they can never do anymore harm to anyone what so ever. The way I look at it, an animal that would kill a baby has no reason being on the streets what so ever. They need to be strapped in the chair and turned into toast. They are not wanted in this day and age. So remember one thing. It does not take that much for you to pick up the phone in your own home and report a crime.

LLw

“divided we fail”

Since: Dec 07

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Feb 11, 2008
Vic Ryckaert is a hack.

What Vic, no headlines that read in 20 point bold "I Ain't Kill Them Kids"?

What exactly is the news value of rehashing a news story that happened weeks ago? Oh, I know what the value on this message board will be..

http://www.topix.com/forum/family/TEPB2RSS4NJ...
Jason

Park Ridge, IL

#6 Feb 11, 2008
It's too bad that it takes something like this to get the public involved and working hand in hand with the police department. But like the saying goes, "better late than never." These animals should be off the street forever. And the best part of all of this is that once they are convicted (and I'm sure they will be), they will be locked up and ignored for the rest of their lives. So much for the power they tried to force people to give them. Now if we could just get Amy Winehouse and Britney Spears off the streets, the world would be a better place.
multicolored

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Feb 11, 2008
it has 1109 comments wow
LLw wrote:
Vic Ryckaert is a hack.
What Vic, no headlines that read in 20 point bold "I Ain't Kill Them Kids"?
What exactly is the news value of rehashing a news story that happened weeks ago? Oh, I know what the value on this message board will be..
http://www.topix.com/forum/family/TEPB2RSS4NJ...
How Stupid Is Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Feb 11, 2008
people are going to retreat from helping the police because blacks don't trust the white mayor, or scott newman.. they only came forth to another black man Frank Anderson, the one that turned himself in said it was because he was afraid of the Sheriff, that's what it takes to make them relate is one of their own. they are NOT GONNA trust this new administration one bit. Crimes will go unsolved because they won't talk to them at all. watch and see!
Double T

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Feb 11, 2008
First of all the women had the pot in the house so they are the ones who put their children's lives in danger. The pot had already been divided and sold. The shooter shot the children first trying to get the mothers to talk. The shooter shot one child 11 times. Was any of this necessary??? Who brought in the pot to begin with? The fathers/boyfriends/family? They should be held responsible just as much as the shooter. And the children are the ones who paid.
seriously

Pryor, OK

#12 Feb 11, 2008
Andrea Yarrel's uncle is the principle at northwest High school I didnt know that. Anyway, I think it was a great thing that the community got together and turned these animals in.

“close the gate behind you”

Since: Sep 07

Lexington, KY

#13 Feb 11, 2008
Police hope cooperation from public continues

i wouldnt bet on it . the culture of not being a "snitch" runs way to deep.
seriously

Pryor, OK

#14 Feb 11, 2008
Double T wrote:
First of all the women had the pot in the house so they are the ones who put their children's lives in danger. The pot had already been divided and sold. The shooter shot the children first trying to get the mothers to talk. The shooter shot one child 11 times. Was any of this necessary??? Who brought in the pot to begin with? The fathers/boyfriends/family? They should be held responsible just as much as the shooter. And the children are the ones who paid.
We already know the circumstances of the killing and it has been discussed and pointed out numerous times on the forum.They are dead and you cannot bring those innocent babies back.So let the mothers and the children rest in peace.Please

Since: Feb 08

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Feb 11, 2008
indiana wrote:
<quoted text> HOW DUM CAN YOU BE DIDNT YOU SEE THEM ON TV.& IN THE PAPER . WHY DONT YOU LEAVE THAM PEOPLE ALONE & WORRIE ABOUT YOUR SELF& BY THE WAY YOU MUST BE A CRACKER!!!IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS THAT MEANS WHITE!!!!!!!!!!11
first why caps are you yelling or do you thing people cant see your type ? second why do you have to go racial ?
Go Figure

Ingalls, IN

#16 Feb 11, 2008
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
We already know the circumstances of the killing and it has been discussed and pointed out numerous times on the forum.They are dead and you cannot bring those innocent babies back.So let the mothers and the children rest in peace.Please
I agree with you..and lets continue to pray that the men responsible will not be placed in society ever again!!!

Since: Feb 08

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Feb 11, 2008
Double T wrote:
ok there was dope in the house does it matter ? is that a reason to kill everyone in the house ? on both of these questions i think not . i hope they all get death .
Frugal

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Feb 11, 2008
This entire episode is a great example of the damage of the Great Society welfare programs. Maybe if the baby mamas and daddys had to pay for their own prenatal care and delivery, food and rent they may not have had the kiddies. Maybe if the baby mamas had not had the babys they could have gainful employment or enrolled in Ivy Tech or something and not had the time to be low-life pot dealers. What about the killers? Maybe they would never had been born if their baby mamas has not been able to get on the dole and get a pay raise for each future criminal they birthed. Giving these people a free ride and requiring them to do nothing and allowing them to fornicate has completely distroyed them.
We need to end the insanity.
tmac

United States

#19 Feb 11, 2008
It is too bad that there is no "stigma" on being ignorant and uneducated, on having kids without a father or even knowing who he is, or letting thugs get by because you can't "snitch". The value system in the black community is upside-down. Why would you protect some thugs when they will remain on the streets like the Hovey st. lunatics to do it again? It is time to wake up and take back your streets from these low-lifes. Don't support criminals, and try not to raise any more either, as the schools are cranking them out in big numbers annually.

LLw

“divided we fail”

Since: Dec 07

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Feb 11, 2008
tmac wrote:
It is too bad that there is no "stigma" on being ignorant and uneducated, on having kids without a father or even knowing who he is, or letting thugs get by because you can't "snitch". The value system in the black community is upside-down. Why would you protect some thugs when they will remain on the streets like the Hovey st. lunatics to do it again? It is time to wake up and take back your streets from these low-lifes. Don't support criminals, and try not to raise any more either, as the schools are cranking them out in big numbers annually.
I agree with you 98%. I only disagree with categorizing this as a black community values issue. I am black and have black friends. None of us support criminal behavior nor do we partake in the activities you mention. Yes, there is a segment in the black community (as there is in all communities) that fall into the "ignorant and uneducated" categories you mention. Just need to point that out on these forums.
Frugal

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Feb 11, 2008
LLw wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 98%. I only disagree with categorizing this as a black community values issue. I am black and have black friends. None of us support criminal behavior nor do we partake in the activities you mention. Yes, there is a segment in the black community (as there is in all communities) that fall into the "ignorant and uneducated" categories you mention. Just need to point that out on these forums.
Welfare and ignorance is a problem in THE COMMUNITY. Ignorance and the evil of welfare knows no color.

Since: Jan 08

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Feb 11, 2008
How Stupid Is Indy wrote:
people are going to retreat from helping the police because blacks don't trust the white mayor, or scott newman.. they only came forth to another black man Frank Anderson, the one that turned himself in said it was because he was afraid of the Sheriff, that's what it takes to make them relate is one of their own. they are NOT GONNA trust this new administration one bit. Crimes will go unsolved because they won't talk to them at all. watch and see!
Are you black? Just wondering, you know, since you seem to have your thumb firmly placed on the pulse of black american society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Community Bancorp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Community Wants "Sinnerville" Name (May '06) Jun '12 Rapaladude- 6
News Remembering Victims in Quadruple Murder (Feb '06) Nov '10 Harris 48
News Community Trust Bancorp reports earnings increase (Apr '08) Apr '08 accountant 2
News Business Notes (Apr '08) Apr '08 victimofcorporate... 1
News Chelsea Clinton stumps for mother at University... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Carlos Navarro 1
News Chelsea Clinton campaigns for mom (Apr '08) Apr '08 Phoenix97 7
News Police hope cooperation from public continues (Feb '08) Feb '08 divanurse 1
More from around the web