Indiana man dies while swimming in Ch...

Indiana man dies while swimming in Chattahoochee River

There are 4 comments on the Ledger-Enquirer.com story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Indiana man dies while swimming in Chattahoochee River. In it, Ledger-Enquirer.com reports that:

A Greencastle, Ind., man died Tuesday evening after he was pulled under the waters of the Chattahoochee River, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ledger-Enquirer.com.

Since: Jul 11

Columbus Georgia

#1 Sep 6, 2012
Isn't this like the fifth person this month that's died in the river? It's a shame that this happened, but I don't think anybody is really surprised, he was told not to swim in the river alot of people don't listen I don't care who you are you could an Olympic swimmer and you might not make it out of that river alive, Creeks or Cherokees (forgot which tribe) called the chattahoochee the river of death for a reason I already know once this white water rafting project is finished and opened to the general public this is gonna happen alot more I hope I'm wrong but at this point i think the situation speaks for its self. God bless the dead though, already can tell it's gonna be a long winter.
Smith Station Panthers

Pittsview, AL

#2 Sep 6, 2012
I don't think it legal to swim in the river anyway.
I think the white water people wear lifevests, at least all I've seen do.
?

United States

#3 Sep 6, 2012
?
icouldusesomehel p

Downey, CA

#4 Sep 6, 2012
Watch out for the hillbillies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Synovus Financial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Columbus 2025: Where to from here? (Jan '17) Feb '17 General T Zod 22
News First Look: Proposed Cobb County office tower f... (May '15) May '15 Will Dockery 1
News 'JoJo Benson' found dead at Motel 6 on Victory Dr. (Dec '14) Dec '14 Will Dockery 1
News Synovus marks 125 years (Oct '13) Oct '13 Will Dockery 4
News Highs and lows for Columbus companies as stock ... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Hadji 2
News Country Club of the South sold at auction (Jan '10) Jan '10 concerned 1
News Microsoft, Capital One, Broadcom Are Big Movers (Oct '09) Oct '09 Redneck 3
More from around the web