Smith & Nephew Endoscopy Launches The Footprint PK Suture Anchor For Shoulder Repair

Apr 27, 2008 Full story: MediLexicon

“In designing the FOOTPRINT PK Suture Anchor, our engineers listened to the concerns of surgeons who want to preserve healthy tissue, achieve optimal fixation and help their patients resume the activities they enjoy”

IT / Internet / E-mail Article Date: 27 Apr 2008 Smith & Nephew's Endoscopy Division announced the launch of the FOOTPRINT PK Suture Anchor, a system used to attach rotator cuff tissue to bone in the shoulder. via MediLexicon

Read more
MitekJoe

La Mesa, CA

#1 May 20, 2008
Saw these in surgery the other day, HORRIBLE! The case took about 3 hours longer than normal.
Bill Gotajohnson

AOL

#2 Jul 22, 2008
Joe,
Those were the arthrex anchors you saw in that case....pay attention
Jen

Perth Amboy, NJ

#4 Jul 6, 2013
It is best to test this product first thoroughly before they are approved because of the numerous complaints that patients have filed against the other products of the said company. I have read articles online and at http://www.smithandnephewhiplawsuit.com/ which pointed out several problems with the R3 metal liner of Smith & Nephew.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smith and Nephew Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Medical-device makers paid 1,805 consultants (Nov '07) Jul '13 Hanselgretel 6
News Artificial-Hip Makers Cut Doctor Consulting Pay... (Nov '11) Jul '13 Jen 2
News International Investing: Make Money With These ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 indian stock mark... 1
More from around the web