Sallie Mae wraps up Upromise purchase

Sallie Mae wraps up Upromise purchase

There are 5 comments on the Bizjournals.com story from Aug 23, 2006, titled Sallie Mae wraps up Upromise purchase. In it, Bizjournals.com reports that:

Paying for college and saving for college would seem to go hand in hand. And now they do.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bizjournals.com.

Ann

Durham, NC

#1 Nov 3, 2006
I have three Sallie Mae Loans, some that I've started paying in 2002 and now have a higher balance than when I started even though I have never been laid or missed a payment and have always paid more than the minimum payment. Their purchase of Upromise in my mind makes the upromise worthless. If you're borrowing for college, stay away from Sallie Mae.
Mike Ranson

Gilbertsville, PA

#2 Nov 17, 2006
Ann wrote:
I have three Sallie Mae Loans, some that I've started paying in 2002 and now have a higher balance than when I started even though I have never been laid or missed a payment and have always paid more than the minimum payment. Their purchase of Upromise in my mind makes the upromise worthless. If you're borrowing for college, stay away from Sallie Mae.
My Daughter is in the same boat....and it's sinking. Have you found an alternative bank/lender from which to borrow to pay off sallie may?
Please write me at [email protected]
Tracy Christopher

East Liverpool, OH

#3 Feb 15, 2007
I too would like to know if anyone has found an alternative lender to help clean up the mess they've found themselves in by borrowing through Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae is literally ruining my life! They won't lower my payments and I am struggling (and failing) to keep up. Please help!
Tracy Christopher

East Liverpool, OH

#4 Feb 15, 2007
p.s.
My email adress is [email protected] Any advice?
Sasha Noel

Rowland Heights, CA

#5 Dec 1, 2008
yes, im in the same boat, and yes its sinking fast. like stated before....does any1 know of an alternative lender that can possible get me out of this mess. please send help
[email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

SLM Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Press release distribution, EDGAR filing, XBRL,... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Philip Cohen 1
News Sallie Mae settles in loan scandal (Apr '07) Jul '10 Tim 17
News Sallie Mae wants interest payments before gradu... (Mar '09) Apr '09 Gamehenge 17
News Congressmen praise Sallie Mae CEO for reversing... (Apr '09) Apr '09 eric 34
Sallie Mae claims student loan not paid, harras... (Feb '09) Apr '09 Shirley L in CC TX 2
News New student loans require payments while in school (Mar '09) Mar '09 Doctorate Degree 5
News New student loans require payments while in school (Mar '09) Mar '09 CA Taxpayer 4
More from around the web