Steven Tanger gets ready to open Deer...

Steven Tanger gets ready to open Deer Park outlet

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 22, 2008, titled Steven Tanger gets ready to open Deer Park outlet. In it, Newsday reports that:

This is Steven Tanger's mantra, one he's repeated often in recent weeks: "In good times, people love a bargain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Judith Nieves Nunez

Glen Cove, NY

#1 Oct 23, 2008
I live in Dix Hills a town that is adjacent to Deer Park. The outlet is within a 1 mile radius of us. Our community was not given pre special opening opportunities as Deer Park residents. Dix HIlls, COmmack, were involved in letting this project take place. We were not given treatment as Deer Park reisdents. I called the coporate office of Tanger Outlets and informed them. They said the Town of Babylon was responsible to give them residents addresses. In which the town of Babylon gave alot of inccorect addresses. So Tanger coporate recieved alot of return mail. Why is it that Tanger didn't coordinate with adjacent towns. We our definetly going to be affected by the traffic and we do not get a thank you.
Judith Nieves Nunez

Glen Cove, NY

#2 Oct 23, 2008
I live in Dix Hills a town that is adjacent to Deer Park. The outlet is within a 1 mile radius of us. Our community was not given pre special opening opportunities as Deer Park residents. Dix HIlls, COmmack, were involved in letting this project take place. We were not given treatment as Deer Park reisdents. I called the coporate office of Tanger Outlets and informed them. They said the Town of Babylon was responsible to give them residents addresses. In which the town of Babylon gave alot of inccorect addresses. So Tanger coporate recieved alot of return mail. Why is it that Tanger didn't coordinate with adjacent towns. We our definetly going to be affected by the traffic and we do not get a thank you
Deer P ark

New York, NY

#3 Oct 23, 2008
Quit crying that you didn't get something. It was no big deal anyway. Anyone could have walked in last night, they weren't asking for tickets! There wasn't any special bargains either. Go tomorrow, more stores will be open anyway!
Mrs Krump

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Nov 4, 2008
In part, the town of babylon is just forgetting of the home of the deer park falcons football team. Deer Park has always been treated like a stepchild.
They get sloppy town services and the appointed employees at Town Hall, don't even know anything about Deer Park. The window blinds are drawn in most part to hide what they do, not to keep the sun out of there eyes. Go visit the Townhall someday, its a joke.
They are more familiar with Wyandanch,where some of them live and one elected politican came from.
yamihere

Patchogue, NY

#5 Nov 18, 2008
I found the outlets to be a huge disappointment. I was there today which was a rainy cold afternoon. There was no central place to sit and get warm, no place to even get a cup of coffee, no food courts at all. Who plans a huge outdoor shopping mall in the wintery northeast with no indoor place to at least sit down for a little while and get out of the cold? It seems to be very windy in those winding corridors & there is no place to get warmed up. WHY ??????. Why didn't they think of including a food court which I am certain would be more popular than a movie theatre. Who made that very unmindful and foolish mistake?
North Babylon

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Nov 18, 2008
You are so right. Plus, when the sun is going down, you are blinded if your walking West.
I also noticed the lack of visable Security in the parking lot & in the outlet. On a cold evening, when the place is empty who is keeping the shoppers safe????? Maybe it's to cold for Security to be outside..........
yamihere wrote:
I found the outlets to be a huge disappointment. I was there today which was a rainy cold afternoon. There was no central place to sit and get warm, no place to even get a cup of coffee, no food courts at all. Who plans a huge outdoor shopping mall in the wintery northeast with no indoor place to at least sit down for a little while and get out of the cold? It seems to be very windy in those winding corridors & there is no place to get warmed up. WHY ??????. Why didn't they think of including a food court which I am certain would be more popular than a movie theatre. Who made that very unmindful and foolish mistake?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brampton grows west field by field... (Mar '11) 10 hr Brampton also brings 10
News Firm's 'significant investment' will create... (Mar '11) Mar '16 dont care about l... 3
News RioCan unlikely to build mall in 401 Corridor (Jun '12) Feb '16 losta this ongoing 3
News Firm's 'significant investment' will create tho... (Mar '11) Nov '15 market value eh 4
News Major mall (maybe two) coming here (Apr '11) Jul '15 also brings road ... 2
News Mall (maybe 2) coming (Mar '11) Jul '15 traffic nitemare ... 2
News Outlet mall planned in Daytona Beach at Interst... (Jan '15) Jan '15 hummingbirddraago... 1
More from around the web