SiPort issues statement following tra...

SiPort issues statement following tragic shooting

There are 1 comment on the EETimes story from Nov 16, 2008, titled SiPort issues statement following tragic shooting. In it, EETimes reports that:

SiPort Inc. on Saturday issued a statement amid a tragedy at the chip startup. In the somber statement, SiPort offered condolences to the families and friends of the victims who were fatally shot at the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EETimes.

Realist

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Nov 16, 2008
Yet the engineering media will continue to spout off and feed this myth that there is a "shortage" of engineers in the US. There is no shortage, nor has there been any shortage for the past several decades. The only reason magazines and organizations feed this myth is to keep labor costs low.

I wouldn't advise anyone to go into the field; even with a top 5 university engineering graduate degree it is difficult to obtain employment, your jobs are being outsourced, and you have no professional unions backing you like doctors or pharmacists.

Go into medicine if you want a good stable respected career.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

SiPort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Workplace Violence Postal Disgruntled Worker Sh... (Mar '09) Mar '09 PSI California 1
News Ex-SiPort engineer formally charged with murder... (Nov '08) Nov '08 gabbar 1
HD Radio is a farce! (Mar '08) Mar '08 PocketRadio 1
News Report: Lower-Power HD-R Chip to Debut at CES (Mar '08) Mar '08 PocketRadio 1
More from around the web