Sour Note: Cleveland Orchestra Goes o...

Sour Note: Cleveland Orchestra Goes on Strike

There are 1 comment on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Jan 17, 2010, titled Sour Note: Cleveland Orchestra Goes on Strike. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Sunday night the Cleveland Orchestra played a final concert at Severance Hall. Monday morning the musicians were standing outside the hall holding pamphlets instead of instruments as their strike begins.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

worldclassorches tra

AOL

#1 Aug 29, 2010
There is no doubt in my mind that the destiny of the Cleveland Orchestra was going to have problems when it came to South Florida taking down our own FPO and placing the Leader of the FPO in charge of the Cleveland Orchestra here and leaving our musicians scrambling. This was nothing more than a sellout! This is Karma for having screwed the good Union Musicians that once was the Florida Philharmonic Orchestra and the feelings are still one of sorrow for what happened. This is why World Class Orchestra emerged and why we are compared to as we are a true world class orchestra with prominent musicians from around the world. We don't go on strike, we play for the love of playing. Andrew Singer, Chairman of World Class Orchestra.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherwin Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Resilience Paint Apr '17 Lynnos 1
I chose blitmore buff for my new home (Jan '16) Jan '16 Mandy Marling 1
News Lowe's to Introduce HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams (Dec '14) Dec '14 chance17 1
A color to match Basket Beige (Oct '13) Oct '13 PMW 1
Acid Etching (Mar '13) Mar '13 Getatlantic 1
News Class of its Own': Sherwin-Williams Zero-VOC Pa... (May '12) May '12 zero voc exterior... 1
News Sherwin-Williams: Ask how, ask now (Jul '07) Dec '10 Jerry 4
More from around the web