2 men charged in Minneapolis slaying ...

2 men charged in Minneapolis slaying traced by gunfire-detection sy...

There are 7 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 2 men charged in Minneapolis slaying traced by gunfire-detection sy.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Two men were charged Friday in the Sept. 17 shooting death of a Minneapolis man whose case was solved, in part, through the city's "ShotSpotter" gunshot-detection system.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

yo-yo

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#1 Oct 2, 2010
Good,now let's shoot them.

“Things can only get better”

Since: May 08

Minneapolis

#2 Oct 2, 2010
Okay, so they got the POS that did the shooting. But why is it only second degree murder. It seems to me that the charge should be first degree murder during the act of armed robbery. The only good that comes out of this is that one more petty drug dealer [DeRonde]has been eliminated from the city of Minneapolis where our mayor claims the streets are very safe.
Barry Otiero

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Oct 2, 2010
We could hack them to pieces with machetes or wrap them with burning truck tires just like in the old country.

Or, they could run for Mayors of Washington D.C. and Chicago.
Prayers Answered

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 8, 2010
Finally these men are put behind bars again!!! I have been waiting for this day since Christopher was found not guilty in the murder of my fiancé, Avery Cannady. These two scum bags shot and killed my daughter’s father, inside of our apartment complex in Brooklyn Park. Avery was the best father anyone could ask for, and my daughters ask about her Daddy all the time. They should have been behind bars a long time ago, and someone’s life would not be taken again!!! My prayers were answered on Thursday night when I heard these names, I will never once forget them and I have been waiting for 4 years for KARMA to come back around and get these men back for the horrific stuff they have done to others. Avery Cannady’s life was taken on September 20th, 2006, and this other young man was taken from us on September 17, 2010, almost exactly four years to the date!!!! If this is that way these men handle conflict, it makes me wonder how many other people have been gunned do by these killers, it is very scary! I am just praying that Christopher Hayes and Michael Funches do not get off on some stupid technicality again, put these men behind bars for life, they will never change. Please give our family, friends and most importantly….Jada Cannady (Avery’s 7 year old daughter) the justice we all deserve!
CBONE

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jan 14, 2011
Avery was my friend and this makes me really happy to read. I hope those f*cks spend the rest of their lives in prison.
JUSTICE
annonmous

Andover, MN

#6 Sep 21, 2011
.....unfortunately the one tht snitched on christopher hayes, which is his uncle michael funches jr. is getting out soon...at the end of the year! he copped a plea bargain for less than 2 years in exchange told on his nephew and christopher is serving life without parole.*they both should have went down! so in the end JUSTICE WAS HALF ASS'D SERVED!!!
Brinett

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Sep 29, 2014
Prayers Answered wrote:
Finally these men are put behind bars again!!! I have been waiting for this day since Christopher was found not guilty in the murder of my fiancé, Avery Cannady. These two scum bags shot and killed my daughter’s father, inside of our apartment complex in Brooklyn Park. Avery was the best father anyone could ask for, and my daughters ask about her Daddy all the time. They should have been behind bars a long time ago, and someone’s life would not be taken again!!! My prayers were answered on Thursday night when I heard these names, I will never once forget them and I have been waiting for 4 years for KARMA to come back around and get these men back for the horrific stuff they have done to others. Avery Cannady’s life was taken on September 20th, 2006, and this other young man was taken from us on September 17, 2010, almost exactly four years to the date!!!! If this is that way these men handle conflict, it makes me wonder how many other people have been gunned do by these killers, it is very scary! I am just praying that Christopher Hayes and Michael Funches do not get off on some stupid technicality again, put these men behind bars for life, they will never change. Please give our family, friends and most importantly….Jada Cannady (Avery’s 7 year old daughter) the justice we all deserve!
I remember Avery, he had a lot of potential he was a great wrestler in high school and who knows where he would have been had his life was not cut short. The guy always had a great character and it's unfortunate good people like him die young. I wish you all the best as well as they family. I remember seeing the little baby girl when you guys lived in bloomington, may god bless and keep you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ShotSpotter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Investigating Shooting in Pittsfield (Apr '17) Apr '17 coming to ameriKa 2
News Police: Man shot in chest, leg in York (Nov '08) Mar '17 Styler1333 11
News Two shot in Roxbury (Jan '15) Jan '15 Taajsgpm 2
News South Minneapolis shooting victim identified (Jul '10) Jan '13 trasjon-miller 5
News Shooting on Weaver Street (Dec '12) Dec '12 The_ Patriot_USA 2
News Sunday night shooting in East Palo Alto was thi... (Nov '12) Nov '12 TonyMontana 1
News Body of man found hours after ShotSpotter alert (Jun '12) Jun '12 Looney 1
More from around the web