AEP to build coal-fired plant in Arka...

AEP to build coal-fired plant in Arkansas

There are 7 comments on the Bizjournals story from May 6, 2007, titled AEP to build coal-fired plant in Arkansas. In it, Bizjournals reports that:

Business First of Columbus - 2:35 PM EDT Friday, May 4, 2007 American Electric Power Company Inc. via Bizjournals

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bizjournals.

Ted Stuart

Prairie Grove, AR

#1 Jul 22, 2007
I want to express my opinion on the proposal for a new coal plant planned in Fulton, Ar by SWEPCO.

I do not think we should be putting in another coal plant in Arkansas until carbon capture and storage technology is developed. The enormous amounts of CO2 emitted from such a plant causes greenhouse gas feedback, which in turn causes global warming. Our iceburgs are vanishing and ocean levels are rising. Please do not allow this plant to be built.

Thanks,

Ted Stuart
Marcia Stuart

Prairie Grove, AR

#2 Jul 22, 2007
I want to express my opinion on the proposal for a new coal plant planned in Fulton, Ar by SWEPCO.

I do not think we should be putting in another coal plant in Arkansas until carbon capture and storage technology is developed. The enormous amounts of CO2 emitted from such a plant causes greenhouse gas feedback, which in turn causes global warming. Our iceburgs are vanishing and ocean levels are rising. Please do not allow this plant to be built.

Thanks,

Marcia Stuar
mark leverett

Boswell, OK

#3 Jan 15, 2009
CO2gases are taken in by trees to produce oxygen.The emissions are then filtered out to take out harmful impurities.
Charlie

Daingerfield, TX

#4 Mar 17, 2009
The power plant going up at Fulton is going to be state of the art at CO2 emissions. Its going to have specially designed precipitators and specially designed scrubbers to help with it. CO2 should be the least of your worries. The polar ice caps are melting because the poles are changing. That's a neat deal you should check that out.
Ben

Indian Trail, NC

#5 Oct 2, 2009
Ted Stuart wrote:
Thanks,
Ted Stuart
Ted, you are severely mis-informed. The ice-caps are not melting and the global temperature has actually DECREASED during the last decade. Coal fired power plants were operating during that period without the sophistocated emission controls now in place. You have been watching CNN too much and actually believing what they say.

The Carbon Dioxide mis-information is tailored to promote Government control of the power generation industry and generate huge profits for certain individuals (Al Gore) That control will be in the form of "Cap and Trade" legislation. It is actually another way for the Government to levy a massive tax without calling it that. "Cap and Trade" will also cause huge job losses as utility customers can no longer afford electicity to keep places of business open. Examine the issue with an open mind and draw your own conclusions. You may change your opinion,
Rod

Calgary, Canada

#6 May 7, 2010
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted, you are severely mis-informed. The ice-caps are not melting and the global temperature has actually DECREASED during the last decade. Coal fired power plants were operating during that period without the sophistocated emission controls now in place. You have been watching CNN too much and actually believing what they say.
The Carbon Dioxide mis-information is tailored to promote Government control of the power generation industry and generate huge profits for certain individuals (Al Gore) That control will be in the form of "Cap and Trade" legislation. It is actually another way for the Government to levy a massive tax without calling it that. "Cap and Trade" will also cause huge job losses as utility customers can no longer afford electicity to keep places of business open. Examine the issue with an open mind and draw your own conclusions. You may change your opinion,
Global Warming is a religion - However it is not based in factual information, nor historic data in this case. Ben - Your correct!
Ever Going To Hire

Texarkana, TX

#7 Sep 17, 2010
I understand The Shaw Group is who hires for the power plant contruction - are they hiring now - or is this still not even close?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaw Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Millions found wasted on Katrina relief housing (Sep '08) Jun '10 WaKe Up FQQLZ 14
News $259 million in "mega-fund" spending proposed (Apr '09) Apr '09 John Q Public 1
News Progress Energy Sign Epc Contract for Two AP100... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Old Nuke 1
News Government wasted cash on contracts (Sep '08) Sep '08 IRON THUMB 5
News AP NewsBreak: Auditors say FEMA wasted tens of ... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Yeah right 2
News Governor gives ax to Stelly tax (Jun '08) Jun '08 Grantham 2
News SCE&G & Santee Cooper Announce Contract to Buil... (Jun '08) Jun '08 robin morris 1
More from around the web