Consumers hoping to end economic woes spend precious dollars on...

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

In these tough times, many people appear willing to gamble a few precious dollars in the hope of winning instant deliverance from their economic woes.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jan 13, 2009
blagovich and obama

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

so what??? by the way the economy overall is not so bad! every resturant has a line and all the parking lots are full of cars! lots of redevolpment going on in broward county! let me guess as soon as obama takes over the media will change its tune and make like everything is great to build up their messiah!
No one Cares2

Register, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

State finds 18 instances of sloppy work by Harlan
By ROB JOHNSON
Staff Writer
Board to weigh more charges against medical examiner
A three-member panel from the state Board of Medical Examiners has so far substantiated 18 violations stemming from the long-running inquiry into the practice of Dr. Charles Harlan, a pathologist who spent three decades performing throughout Tennessee.
Harlan was once medical examiner for Davidson County and chief medical examiner for the state, but now he faces the possibility of civil fines and the revocation of his doctor's license. The panel resumes its open deliberations today and could rule during the session on whether Harlan deserves any sanctions.
The state Department of Health has filed charges in 20 -related incidents, including allegations of botched , sloppy record-keeping, wrong diagnoses and callous behavior to families.
Friend of Mike Taylor, D.A ( my opinion)
could of lied in many cases. because of this i dont think Lonnie Lee Owens should be sitting in jail for so long. Charges should be reduced.
bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

$100 a week - is that guy nuts. That is over $5000 per year. That would buy a nice vacation or a second car. Some people are idiots

“MANGLER”

Since: Dec 06

Atlanta, GA / Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

Jeff Foxworthy: The wealthy have retirement plans. The poor play lotto.

Of course, that means there are more playing lotto than saving these days.
American Idle

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

How about a trade of a gallon of milk or a dozen eggs for three non winning tickets.
H Pylori

Hagerstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

I'm planning to sink all of my retirement savings into Powerball tickets, I couldn't do a whole lot worse than the stock market (and at least the Lottery is supposedly an honest game).

“Life's A Beach”

Since: Jun 07

Pompano Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

Mangler wrote:
Jeff Foxworthy: The wealthy have retirement plans. The poor play lotto.
Of course, that means there are more playing lotto than saving these days.
What retirement plan? My 401K is hardly worth anything. I'll be working until they carry my lifeless body away from my desk.

“MANGLER”

Since: Dec 06

Atlanta, GA / Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Wait, you have a job? Sweet!
Pompano Beach Gail wrote:
<quoted text>
What retirement plan? My 401K is hardly worth anything. I'll be working until they carry my lifeless body away from my desk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Scientific Games Discussions

Search the Scientific Games Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
D.C. Lottery Vendor Avoids City Law (Apr '13) Apr '13 Playslip 2
KADIAN (morphine sulfate extended-release) Caps... (Oct '06) Jul '12 praxix9 108
As economy falls, lottery sales rise (Jan '09) Jan '09 Resident 11
Many states' lottery sales are rising in recession (Jan '09) Jan '09 Living In Margaritaville 1
Wednesday Options Outlook: BJ, ORCL, XHB, DTV, ... (Sep '08) Sep '08 raquel 1
St. Jude quarterly profit up 27 percent on defi... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Gary 1
Ben Stein roused by suppression in the science ... (Feb '08) Mar '08 polymath257 1,703
•••
•••