McDonald's accused of using 'abused p...

McDonald's accused of using 'abused pork' in its McRib sandwich

There are 4 comments on the Examiner.com story from Nov 5, 2011, titled McDonald's accused of using 'abused pork' in its McRib sandwich. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

McDonald's McRib sandwich, which has an almost cult-like following, is back on the fast food chain's menu for a limited time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Nov 6, 2011
Some people will shove anything down their throat. Some of the ingredients in a McRib include, tripe, scalded stomach and heart. The McRib sandwich also contains ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80. Bon appetite corpse munchers.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 6, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
Some people will shove anything down their throat. Some of the ingredients in a McRib include, tripe, scalded stomach and heart. The McRib sandwich also contains ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80. Bon appetite corpse munchers.
Where in the article or the lawsuit filed by the HSUS says this is what is contained in a McRib sandwich?

You also realize McRibs aren't on the MickyD menu in most areas?

Also you also realize tripe has been a delicacy for other cultures?

Lastly, ammonium sulfate is an inorganic salt that is commonly found in many foods. It is used to lower the pH in alkaline soils. So....??? Polysorbate 80 is a common emulsifier found in many, many foods, in miniscule amounts. Most people consume less than .1 gram per day and it's also used in miniscule amounts in flu shots.

Next?

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#3 Nov 6, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
Now you know why I prefer fresh venison or meats from a family owned and operated farm.

Since: Jan 09

KEEP OUT

#4 Nov 6, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
I've never eaten a McRib sandwich and don't have any plans of trying one.
What happened with your hissy fit and late night tirade?
I thought you were never posting here again.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smithfield Foods Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Many concerns as China eyes largest U.S. pork c... (Jul '13) Jun '15 lavon affair 9
News Most illegal immigrants arrested in Smithfield ... (Sep '07) Dec '14 colleen Souza 9
News Bad news for bacon lovers: China's masses hunge... (May '13) Jun '14 Smart 5
spiral sliced ham (Nov '13) Dec '13 Kim 2
News AGRIBUSINESS: Smithfield Changes Pricing Method (Oct '13) Oct '13 Hinkley 1
News Boulder County's Community Food Share to receiv... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Hinkley 1
News Filing drops farmers' names from litigation (Oct '13) Oct '13 see Erin Brockovi... 1
More from around the web