Starbucks closing U.S. 600 stores

Starbucks closing U.S. 600 stores

There are 109 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 1, 2008, titled Starbucks closing U.S. 600 stores. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Starbucks Corp. Tuesday has announced it's closing 600 underperforming stores in the United States.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
A to the LP

Arlington Heights, IL

#1 Jul 1, 2008
woo hoo! finally people are getting real and not spending $5 on a cup of coffee anymore. thank you for coming to your senses, people.
Heinie

Elmhurst, IL

#2 Jul 1, 2008
Bound to happen. Bad economy + bad coffee = fewer stores.
rickster

Darien, IL

#3 Jul 1, 2008
Premium coffee!!

The latte gives me diaharrea though.
Po Poo Ching

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 1, 2008
Where I get $7.00 coffee now?
South Side Chick

Chicago, IL

#5 Jul 1, 2008
Yeay out no more Starbucks!!!

I find this strange they are closing 600 stores but then why are they buliding one in Palos Heights?

They should make a dunkin doughnuts insted!!
Heinie

Elmhurst, IL

#6 Jul 1, 2008
rickster wrote:
Premium coffee!!
The latte gives me diaharrea though.
===
Don't drink it then.
RomanB

United States

#7 Jul 1, 2008
600 stores? Gee, wonder how many will close that face another store right across the frik'in street? Whose the genious that came-up with that expansion model? That will be about 30 stores in Chicago alone.
BKB

Mount Prospect, IL

#9 Jul 1, 2008
Coffee is a drug!!
Jen

Carpentersville, IL

#10 Jul 1, 2008
Buy a reusable mug with a cover and bring your coffee from home -- pennies a serving.

The only downside is that you won't get the Starbucks cup "status symbol."
Rufus McDonald

United States

#11 Jul 1, 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

Bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!
Fred Garvin

Aurora, CO

#12 Jul 1, 2008
Jen wrote:
Buy a reusable mug with a cover and bring your coffee from home -- pennies a serving.
You can get a reuseable mug that Says "Starbucks" on it. That would avoid the poor person confusion.
Pathetic

Durham, NC

#13 Jul 1, 2008
Gee, could some of your stores be underperforming because you cannabalized your own sales? There are three locations within 1.5 blocks of my office. Talk about dilluting the market.
Jose

Niles, MI

#14 Jul 1, 2008
I don't understand all the hatred towards Starbucks. Okay so you don't want to pay $5 for coffee. No one is holding a gun to your head demanding that you shop at Starbucks. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I do purchase their frappuccinos every now and then. Grow up people.
Heinie

Elmhurst, IL

#15 Jul 1, 2008
Jen wrote:
====
I do brew my own - with beans from Caribou.
Schultzie

Woodridge, IL

#16 Jul 1, 2008
You people should be doing work instead of posting silly comments on this site using your employer's network !
Linda

Chicago, IL

#17 Jul 1, 2008
Jen - I bring mine from home - don't need a Starbucks cup - don't want people to think I'm one of those idiots who pay $5 for a cup of bad coffee.
Jen

Carpentersville, IL

#18 Jul 1, 2008
Fred Garvin wrote:
<quoted text>
You can get a reuseable mug that Says "Starbucks" on it. That would avoid the poor person confusion.
Mine says "I brewed this at home and saved $4.99."
ObviousGuy

Arlington Heights, IL

#20 Jul 1, 2008
RomanB wrote:
600 stores? Gee, wonder how many will close that face another store right across the frik'in street? Whose the genious that came-up with that expansion model? That will be about 30 stores in Chicago alone.
Who is the genius that can't spell "genius"?
Jen

Carpentersville, IL

#22 Jul 1, 2008
Schultzie wrote:
You people should be doing work instead of posting silly comments on this site using your employer's network !
I freelance and I pay for my own internet access, so ppfffttthhhtt!
Karla Marx

Chicago, IL

#23 Jul 1, 2008
Fred Garvin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right! If we have learned nothing from the last 8 years, we have learned that if you just use the right words, you can create reality. You know, things like "wmd," "mission accomplished," "the surge is working," and we're all doing just great!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Starbucks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unicorn Frappacino tastes and looks like playdo... Apr 19 Online Inspector ... 1
News Corporations who are zionism supporters... (Jan '09) Apr 18 yidfellas v USA 5
Starbuck out of coffee Apr 5 John Marcus 1
News Starbucks to hire 10,000 refugees over next 5 y... Mar '17 Username Entered 226
Love Starbucks????? Mar '17 Lovefit 1
How many oz in a shot of espresso? Mar '17 jmk1979 6
News Starbucks, the anti-American, cry baby coffee Mar '17 davy 15
More from around the web