blueberry oat bar recipe

Posted in the Starbucks Forum

pcs

AOL

#1 Jul 21, 2007
I would like the blueberry oat bar recipe. Is this available? I just love it.
Chocy Brown

AOL

#2 Jul 25, 2007
I would also like to get a hold of the Starbuck's "Blueberry Oat Bar" recipe. I was told by the newest Starbucks by me that since not enough people were buying them that they would not be stocking them anymore! WOW, they are a very popular item at all the other Starbucks that I stop at----------so guess I'll go back to the old store! Better yet, make my own----------
Fawnzo

Olympia, WA

#3 Aug 12, 2007
I've gotten to where I only go to the Starbucks in town that HAVE the blueberry bars! Any luck finding the recipe?
Chocy Brown

AOL

#4 Aug 14, 2007
No one seems to have the "secret" Starbucks Blueberry Bar recipe. I was recently in New York state where they had never heard of them. A couple of years ago, they put apricots in them and they were "terific"; they couldn't seem to keep a supply of them, at the time. If you get them same/next day fresh these bars are great with a green tea soy latte, vanila non-sugar syrup with a shot of expresso! Does everything at Starbuck have to have a ton of lard and sugar in it?
Tawny

Sacramento, CA

#5 Feb 3, 2012
1 3/4 cup Quaker Oats, uncooked (quick or old-fashioned)
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts) optional
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter; melted
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp lemon juice
DIRECTIONS

1. Heat oven to 350
2. Grease 11X7-inch baking pan
3. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, nuts, baking soda and salt
4. Add butter, mixing until crumbly
5. Reserve 3/4 cup mixture; press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared dish.
6. Bake 10 minutes
7. Meanwhile, combine blueberries, granulated sugar and 2 Tbsp water in medium saucepan.
8. Bring to a boil, simmer 2 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon water, cornstarch, and lemon juice; mix well. Gradually stir into blueberry mixture; cook and stir about 30 seconds or until thickened.
9. Spread over partially baked base to within 1/4 inch of edge; sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Press topping down into blueberries slightly.
10. Bake 18-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
11. Cool on wire rack; cut into bars. Store tightly covered.
Source: Krista

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Starbucks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walmart 14 hr Ladymike 1
Old man calls starbucks to complain of Starbuck... Mon Bobthehearthrob 1
News McDonald's, Starbucks take coffee war to nation... (May '09) Mon Bobthehearthrob 77
News Starbucks Steps Into Conversation About Race Mar '15 Truthpaste 2
Cassandra Leary (May '14) Mar '15 Truth 3
Don't use starbucks. Extremely high dissatisfa... Feb '15 Fred 1
Will never buy or go to starbucks again ! Feb '15 Fred 1
More from around the web