Cable deal extended through tonight |...

Cable deal extended through tonight | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 25 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 15, 2011, titled Cable deal extended through tonight | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Time Warner Cable customers in central Ohio will continue to receive programs from local Sinclair Broadcast Group stations while a long-term contract is being negotiated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Will Burns

United States

#22 Jan 15, 2011
So nice having a digital to analog converter reciever and 15 year old tvs. no monthly bill to have HD version of crap.
aviator

Columbus, OH

#23 Jan 15, 2011
blank wrote:
<quoted text>
If Sinclair is to blame why did all the other cable/satellite companies reach an agreement without all this drama. I believe your faith in TWC and knowledge about this situation is misplaced.
Well, actually, they didn't. Google 'Sinclair Broadcasting Dish Network'. They went through something similar in 2009. Your comment is fair, though - I'm going off of what I see as a pattern, not specific knowledge of the details of this particular agreement. I don't think TWC is perfect, but I think they're right to push back against large fee increases.
Hello

Columbus, OH

#24 Jan 16, 2011
TW said they have reached an agreement in principle with Sinclair and will work out details this week. No interruption of service...

There, CD. I did your job for you, you fool. Why haven't you updated this story yet?
Hates Yuck on you side

Nashport, OH

#25 Jan 16, 2011
First, I agree with Hello above. I read at least six hours ago that this childish ranting by the worst network in Columbus and the cable company that only cares about their profits and how much they can squeeze out of their cable customers had been settled. Again, our one and only news paper in cowlumbus is behind!

With everything electronic always getting cheaper over time, cable is ALWAYS going up!
When cable came out thirty years ago or so, it was less than $20 dollars a month!

Second, I wish that that they did not settle As it would have been great to get a break from the awful morning program that claim is a news program. We would have been spared having to watch and listen to Amy Ditz and Garble Mouth Lisa Colbert with their hooker lipsticks!
The evening news is no better! Seems that they take Happy Pills before they go on the air and please tell Yolanda Harris that someone's death news article is not a reason to smile and have a happy tone in your voice.
Everything on Yuck on your side is "Happy Happy Joy Joy"!!!!!
Stick with reporting the news and not making it in the guise of a news program.
Hurry up Time Warner- spare us and rescind the deal!!!!!!!!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#26 Jan 16, 2011
Hates Yuck on you side wrote:
First, I agree with Hello above. I read at least six hours ago that this childish ranting by the worst network in Columbus and the cable company that only cares about their profits and how much they can squeeze out of their cable customers had been settled. Again, our one and only news paper in cowlumbus is behind!
With everything electronic always getting cheaper over time, cable is ALWAYS going up!
When cable came out thirty years ago or so, it was less than $20 dollars a month!
Second, I wish that that they did not settle As it would have been great to get a break from the awful morning program that claim is a news program. We would have been spared having to watch and listen to Amy Ditz and Garble Mouth Lisa Colbert with their hooker lipsticks!
The evening news is no better! Seems that they take Happy Pills before they go on the air and please tell Yolanda Harris that someone's death news article is not a reason to smile and have a happy tone in your voice.
Everything on Yuck on your side is "Happy Happy Joy Joy"!!!!!
Stick with reporting the news and not making it in the guise of a news program.
Hurry up Time Warner- spare us and rescind the deal!!!!!!!!
Part of TW's reticence to pay more may be the recession. Our TW installer frankly told us she is pulling out more high-end cable packages than she is installing. This was easy money for TW and it may be drying up until people have more confidence to pay hugely inflated cable bills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sinclair Broadcast Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FCC: TV Ad Sales Agreements in Jeopardy (Mar '14) Mar '14 Robert Ryan 1
News Deadline Approaches: Direct TV Subscribers Coul... (Feb '13) Feb '13 DDOROURKE 1
News 'Anonymous' Spokesman Barrett Brown Arrested Af... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dr Stinko 2
News Sinclair Inks Shared Services Deal for WWHO Col... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Enzyte Bob 1
News FCC may weigh in on cable fee flaps (Mar '11) Mar '11 thesepeopleaint r... 2
News Time Warner, Sinclair reach deal | The Columbus... (Feb '11) Feb '11 hey yolanda 9
News Time Warner has multi-year contract with Sincla... (Feb '11) Feb '11 There are better ... 9
More from around the web