Gunman opens fire near California college injuring four; two found dead in nearby burned home

Jun 7, 2013 Full story: Fox News 114

A gunman opened fire on a street corner near the campus of Santa Monica College, wounding at least four people, authorities said.

Full Story

Since: Feb 13

Birkenhead

#65 Jun 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>I see. Well let me ask: do you really think gun laws would work? Do you really believe for one minute that somebody--anybody who really wants to get their hands on a firearm couldn't because of a law? Well..... Adam Lanza was refused the sale of a firearm. So he killed his mother and stole hers. Then he went out and killed all those innocent kids.

Yes, the ownership and use of a firearm is a right--at least according to the Supreme Court. Amendments are every bit of the Constitution as the original document itself. And you are correct, I do have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Being able to protect myself is just that, because then I can defend my life, be liberated from criminals that wish to bring me harm, and yes, that makes me very happy.
Lanza was brought up in the US gun culture.Why is spree killing and gun crime more prevalent than any other country on earth?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#66 Jun 9, 2013
Neal P wrote:
<quoted text>
But some dicks in your country teach kids and buy them guns when they are infants.Where's the logic in that?
There is none. Those guns for toddlers even come in blue and pink! That mentality is why the automatic assault guns and
mega-ammunitions are going to go. Any civilian who thinks they have a reason to own either, shouldn't. If no civilians own anything meant for warfare then, and only then, will these incidents become fewer and farther between. It is inevitable and very welcomed by the majority of the citizens in this country, 93% at the last count. The imbeciles who need fancy weaponry to make them feel worthwhile (didn't somebody say something about extensions of their penises?) will just have to love it or leave it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 13

Birkenhead

#67 Jun 9, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>There is none. Those guns for toddlers even come in blue and pink! That mentality is why the automatic assault guns and
mega-ammunitions are going to go. Any civilian who thinks they have a reason to own either, shouldn't. If no civilians own anything meant for warfare then, and only then, will these incidents become fewer and farther between. It is inevitable and very welcomed by the majority of the citizens in this country, 93% at the last count. The imbeciles who need fancy weaponry to make them feel worthwhile (didn't somebody say something about extensions of their penises?) will just have to love it or leave it.
Still can't get my head around it.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#68 Jun 9, 2013
You can study all you want, you can wish it was different forever, but you don't have the political power to repeal the 2nd amendment, and until you do we will all believe we have a Constitutional right to own guns, and you have no control over that fact. Don't like it? Change it.
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#69 Jun 9, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
You can study all you want, you can wish it was different forever, but you don't have the political power to repeal the 2nd amendment, and until you do we will all believe we have a Constitutional right to own guns, and you have no control over that fact. Don't like it? Change it.
Very well stated, Cat. And to change it would mean a hard tough struggle of citizens against the dictator's all ready failed attempt to do so.
Rights

Caddo Mills, TX

#70 Jun 9, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Regardless of what the law says, humans have an inalienable right to own weapons for self protection. The 2nd Amendment, along with the Bill of Rights, merely lists a few of the natural rights that all humans have, and that cannot be taken away by the government nor by the majority. The Bill of Rights protects the minority rights from the will of the majority. So even if the 2nd Amendment were repealed by a 2/3 majority of states, it would still be a legal right to own firearms and carry them.

The anti-freedom anti-gun Nazi's can goosestep all they want, and throw all the fits they want, but the rights to own firearms, swords, knives, etc will never go away. They had just better get over their Freudian fears and grow up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#71 Jun 9, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
There is none. Those guns for toddlers even come in blue and pink! That mentality is why the automatic assault guns and
Gallup: Only 4% of Americans Think Gun Control is an Important Problem
April 16, 2013 - 11:17 AM

( CNSNews.com )– Only 4 percent of Americans think guns and gun control are an important problem facing the country, according to Gallup, and far more Americans are concerned about the economy, unemployment and the federal debt.

In its poll from Apr. 4-7, Gallup surveyed 1,005 adults by telephone and asked,“What do you think is the most important problem facing the country today?”

Respondents answered in the following order:

Economy in general 24%

Unemployment/Jobs 18%

Dissatisfaction with Government 16%

Federal budget deficit/Federal debt 11%

Healthcare 6%

Ethical/Moral/Family decline 5%

Immigration/Illegal aliens 4%

Education 4%

Guns/Gun control 4%

Situation with North Korea 4%

Lack of Money 3%

Welfare 2%

Lack of respect for each other 2%

Poverty/Hunger/Homelessness 2%

Foreign aid/Focus overseas 2%

Taxes 2%

Despite the Obama administration’s strong push for more gun control legislation, few Americans are concerned about the issue.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gallup-only-4...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#72 Jun 9, 2013
Neal P wrote:
<quoted text>
Lanza was brought up in the US gun culture.Why is spree killing and gun crime more prevalent than any other country on earth?
I just posted the article on how wrong you are, and yet you ask again like you didn't see the post.

If you want to keep telling yourself that we are on the top of the list in gun murders, I guess all the posting in the world won't convince you that you're wrong because you've obviously already convinced yourself.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#73 Jun 9, 2013
Neal P wrote:
<quoted text>
But some dicks in your country teach kids and buy them guns when they are infants.Where's the logic in that?
That's the first I've ever heard that. Where is your proof of this claim?

Fathers do teach their children (not infants) the proper use and safety of a gun, but most of those people are hunters, and fathers and sons (and some daughters) enjoy the great outdoors and hunting. Nothing wrong with that.
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#74 Jun 9, 2013
Children in my family were given a rifle on their 12 birthday. We shot my fathers guns, long, and short barrel. We were told not to point the gun at anything we didn't intend to shoot, and only to point at another human when they were in the house without an invitation, as a burglar!~! We never had to shoot anyone. That is why I cannot understand the need the people in Obama's old Chicago neighborhood have for using each other for target practice every weekend.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“have seen the years,”

#75 Jun 9, 2013
We'll see.
creek native

Bryan, TX

#76 Jun 10, 2013
Anyone who believes the the framers of the constitution anticipated AR-15 semi-automatic and massively efficient killing machines is at best ignorant, and at worst a cynical, fearful, sad little person. I find time and time again that the people who scream the loudest about their precious second amendment rights are also the most uneducated and simple minded creatures God ever put on this planet. The exception, of course, is the NRA. The simple-minded will never understand that the NRA is nothing more than a money-grab. They scare the little people into thinking that their "rights" are being threatened and then watch the money roll in. These small men have created massive wealth through stock ownership in gun and ammo companies, dues, and fund drives. If the money stream slows down, all they have to do is go on the offensive, wrap themselves in the flag, and pretend to be defending the constitution. The sad, pathetic, frightened little people will continue to send them money.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#77 Jun 10, 2013
And anyone who believes the founders foresaw an America breeding people who could abort babies, lowering our respect for life, and creating people who shoot each other up on weekends for sport is wrong. When the government cleans up their jungles in all the major cities then you can talk to me about taking back the 2nd amendment. In the meantime stop breeding like animals, educate your children, and create neighborhoods you can be proud of.

“have seen the years,”

#78 Jun 10, 2013
Creek Native wrote:
Anyone who believes the the framers of the constitution anticipated AR-15 semi-automatic and massively efficient killing machines is at best ignorant, and at worst a cynical, fearful, sad little person. I find time and time again that the people who scream the loudest about their precious second amendment rights are also the most uneducated and simple minded creatures God ever put on this planet. The exception, of course, is the NRA. The simple-minded will never understand that the NRA is nothing more than a money-grab. They scare the little people into thinking that their "rights" are being threatened and then watch the money roll in. These small men have created massive wealth through stock ownership in gun and ammo companies, dues, and fund drives. If the money stream slows down, all they have to do is go on the offensive, wrap themselves in the flag, and pretend to be defending the constitution. The sad, pathetic, frightened little people will continue to send them money.
Cat74 wrote:
And anyone who believes the founders foresaw an America breeding people who could abort babies, lowering our respect for life, and creating people who shoot each other up on weekends for sport is wrong. When the government cleans up their jungles in all the major cities then you can talk to me about taking back the 2nd amendment. In the meantime stop breeding like animals, educate your children, and create neighborhoods you can be proud of.
DME wrote:
Prime example of "The sad, pathetic, frightened little people will continue to send them money." The best thing this idiot could do is not think and spare the rest of us the burden of her existence.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#79 Jun 10, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
Creek Native wrote:
<quoted text>
DME wrote:
Prime example of "The sad, pathetic, frightened little people will continue to send them money." The best thing this idiot could do is not think and spare the rest of us the burden of her existence.
You do have a point there about the NRA. Like the unions that have destroyed this country, they've benefited off money people freely gave. But was it the NRA that increased the size of their coffers? No it wasn't. It was the good work of the Democrat politicians.

The NRA merely sat back and explained what the Democrats ultimate goal was. Was it the NRA that bought up all the desired ammunition in the country causing a national shortage? No, it was the federal government. Was it the NRA that proposed that all gun owners have liability insurance? No, it was your Democrat politicians. Was it the NRA that stated that we should have laws on magazine sizes? No, it was your Democrat politicians. Was it the NRA that said we should ban certain guns? No, it was your Democrat politicians.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2013...
Cat74

Elgin, IL

#80 Jun 10, 2013
You have it all backward, but what's new? People who respect the Constitution, and their 2nd amendment rights never have to fear any one, not the criminals, or an over zealous government. We are in the position of taking care of ourselves. The NRA is just an organization that watches over all our rights, and makes sure they are protected from a radical group of politicians.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#81 Jun 13, 2013
creek native wrote:
Actually, the left is always on the offensive, O'Bama has sold more guns than anyone in the NRA.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#82 Jun 13, 2013
Spree killings? LOL, leftist kill 3,200 of their babies every day. The bright side? 3,200 less future leftist, daily.
Frank

Zephyrhills, FL

#83 Jun 13, 2013
Keep blaming gun control and mental illness ......

Muslim Terrorists are laughing at us. Our own Govt and their controlled media deflect the focus on The MUSLIM Scum like this kid who continue to kill innocent Americans .

someone better wake up and face the facts that these MUSLIMS are a major threat to this Nation

“Je suis Charlie”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#84 Jun 13, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what it says, the first four words being:
"A well regulated Militia"
How many gun owners are part of a well regulated militia?
10%?
the right of the PEOPLE shall not be infringed

Liberals seem to forget that part!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Monica Community College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 dead after Santa Monica rampage (Jun '13) Aug '13 Capt America 8
Santa Monica police chief: Shooter a "cowardly ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Von 7
Officers hold simulated school shooting drill a... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Richard_ 1
Santa Monica Shooting Victim Profiles (Jun '13) Jun '13 Frank 2
Five Dead, Including Suspect, in California Ram... (Jun '13) Jun '13 sinic 2
Fire official: 2 dead in burned home near shoot... (Jun '13) Jun '13 sinic 2
One dead in shooting at Southern California col... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Dragon Times 2
More from around the web