Gunman opens fire near California college injuring four; two found dead in nearby burned home

Jun 7, 2013 Full story: Fox News 114

A gunman opened fire on a street corner near the campus of Santa Monica College, wounding at least four people, authorities said.

Full Story
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#42 Jun 8, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Paranoia? It isn't paranoia when you have a government that has to admit every day they have violated your rights under that Constitution they all swore to uphold. Check your E-mails. Yes. Check your phone calls. Yes. Try for the biggest violation of your 2nd amendment rights. Yes. Uses the IRS to spy on your personal associations. Yes. And who knows what else they are involved in. Finally the people are awake, and they are watching. Obama, and Holder thought they were oh, so much smarter then the ordinary American. We will keep an eye on every thing they do from now on. They weren't that smart.
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!, Cat.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#44 Jun 8, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
Boo Koo Dinky Dow wrote:
Another liberal California mental case. Voted Obama both in '08 and '12 no doubt.
DME wrote:
Another typical Topix nutcase ASS-uming what he thinks has any worth.
<quoted text>
DME wrote:
...and that is the point. Once again someone who shouldn't have got free access to guns. It is becoming too frequent and too deadly to not do something about it, NOW.
You mean like we did with recreational narcotics? Since they are illegal, nobody has those drugs today now do they?

Laws only work on law abiding citizens--not criminals. That's why they are criminals in the first place; because they don't obey laws.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#45 Jun 8, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
It is becoming too frequent and too deadly to not do something about it, NOW.
Actually, it's not becoming all to frequent, murder rates and violent crime in general, have been decreasing since the 1990s to levels greater than 50% of what they were back then.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#47 Jun 8, 2013
Why don't you take a little vacation in Chicago. Then you can count the dead people who are in the city with the strictest gun laws in the country. And they still steal guns, and the police somehow never catch them, and return the stolen guns. Their education system in Chicago has been a joke for years.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#49 Jun 9, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Is everyone in New York suffering from lack of comprehension or just you?
What part of "all able-bodied persons" did you not understand?
You want to challenge a state's constitution, go right ahead but do it in court.
Selective reading on your part again?

Who is exempt? You never elaborated on this.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#50 Jun 9, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Why don't you take a little vacation in Chicago. Then you can count the dead people who are in the city with the strictest gun laws in the country. And they still steal guns, and the police somehow never catch them, and return the stolen guns. Their education system in Chicago has been a joke for years.
Why don't YOU tell the truth about Chicago gun laws?

All those weapons are not purchased in Chicago, but in rural areas outside of Chicago, where the laws are nowhere near as stringent.

Never mention that, do you Cu$tnip 74? Read your own laws;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_...

Registration of purchased firearms is NOT REQUIRED - EXCEPT IN THE CITY OF CHICAGO!

Chicago police have confirmed that a patchwork of dissimilar gun laws exists in Illinois. A purchaser can by 10 firearms at a dealer outside of Chicago, and registration of these weapons is not required. Now your state wants concealed carry permits?

Bunch of fools - already bitching about the plethora of guns - but instead of putting a consistent, statewide firearm framework in effect, you dummies do this?

Real bright!
only hope

Indianapolis, IN

#51 Jun 9, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Anyone with a gun, and permit to carry could be called upon to be part of a militia. Our Military is all over the world. We need armed people to protect our families, our neighborhoods etc.,
Exactly.. if there was one person that had a ccp then this could have had a chance to be taken care of and backed by that pink piece of paper. In indiana i see these guys who carry theirs non concealed and i want to tell them all they are doingis making themselves targets if it ever hit the fan.. This woman saw my holster under my jacketand asked why i was carrying a firearm and i said not only is it my right but if the worst came to it depend on it rather than waiting for the time it takes police to get there.
This isn't and shouldn't be a topic on if your a political party people its a sad thing that should have been prevented. A firearm can't kill without a concious mind and a willing finger..
Mike

Tampa, FL

#52 Jun 9, 2013
So quick to blame the NRA, guns, mental illness, the full moon, divorce, late library books, etc.

Gun like the one used is Banned in that State so you cant blame "legal" gun owners.

But everyone seems to ignore the most obvious ...terrorism. We are our own worse enemy because we continue to ignore this threat. ays

Within a few days hopefully, someone with balls will report the truth.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#53 Jun 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't YOU tell the truth about Chicago gun laws?
All those weapons are not purchased in Chicago, but in rural areas outside of Chicago, where the laws are nowhere near as stringent.
Never mention that, do you Cu$tnip 74? Read your own laws;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_...
Registration of purchased firearms is NOT REQUIRED - EXCEPT IN THE CITY OF CHICAGO!
Chicago police have confirmed that a patchwork of dissimilar gun laws exists in Illinois. A purchaser can by 10 firearms at a dealer outside of Chicago, and registration of these weapons is not required. Now your state wants concealed carry permits?
Bunch of fools - already bitching about the plethora of guns - but instead of putting a consistent, statewide firearm framework in effect, you dummies do this?
Real bright!
The state didn't want concealed carry laws. The courts forced them to have concealed carry laws.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#54 Jun 9, 2013
The arsenal this lunatic possessed is incomprehensible. How in the world could one person get all that weaponry? It is insane to make this possible anymore.
Y'all can throw all the sh!t around you want, and let's be real, it IS total sh!t, the rest of us just tolerate you, but it HAS to stop and the only way to do that is to get rid of the guns. Period. You're doomed. Face it. As long as anyone can die this way we have to fight to prevent it. When the types, amounts and ammunition this guy possessed gets more well known the public cry against gun ownership is going to become a roar, as it should.

Unless, of course, one (or even all)of you are some of the victims next time.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#55 Jun 9, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
The arsenal this lunatic possessed is incomprehensible. How in the world could one person get all that weaponry? It is insane to make this possible anymore.
Y'all can throw all the sh!t around you want, and let's be real, it IS total sh!t, the rest of us just tolerate you, but it HAS to stop and the only way to do that is to get rid of the guns. Period. You're doomed. Face it. As long as anyone can die this way we have to fight to prevent it. When the types, amounts and ammunition this guy possessed gets more well known the public cry against gun ownership is going to become a roar, as it should.
Unless, of course, one (or even all)of you are some of the victims next time.
I doubt I'll be because I carry my firearm most times and I would shoot back.

Good luck getting 2/3 of our representative to change that Constitution you hate so much. Be sure to get back to us and let us know how that worked out for you.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#56 Jun 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt I'll be because I carry my firearm most times and I would shoot back.
Good luck getting 2/3 of our representative to change that Constitution you hate so much. Be sure to get back to us and let us know how that worked out for you.
You have no conception of what I might hate or not hate. The constitution guarantees the inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The amendments are just that: add-ons. They are not rights, so you and your semi-automatic assault guns are NOT protected and your mega-clip ammunition isn't either. Let's get on with the background, security and mental health checks and the abolishing of mega-ammunition clips and then we can discuss the "guns". If y'all weren't so afraid of this we wouldn't have dozens of threads about it on Topix. Face it. You're running scared and it is about time. That is what all this sh!t you are all screaming all the time is all about. The people have spoken and it is overwhelmingly against civilians owning or having access to weapons that this maniac had in his possession. If it wasn't such a done deal, y'all wouldn't have anything to cream your jeans over.
Like I said before, y'all have been tolerated by the rest of us up until now, but this has just been one too many times.
Another of the victims just died. You ignorant, bullying
gun-people really suck, big time.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#57 Jun 9, 2013
I really can't get my head around the fact that Americans love guns so much.When the constitution was written,were the general populous armed with muskets not automatic assault rifles?Times change folks.Live in the now.....
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#58 Jun 9, 2013
Civilized people can have hundreds of guns in the house, and never kill anyone. In the Jungles of Chicago, and other major Democrat run American cities the citizens kill at their leisure, and they kill for fun.

Location hidden

#59 Jun 9, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Civilized people can have hundreds of guns in the house, and never kill anyone. In the Jungles of Chicago, and other major Democrat run American cities the citizens kill at their leisure, and they kill for fun.
But why?I can't get my head around the fact that gun related homicide outweighs the rest of the worlds gun crime combined.Why?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#60 Jun 9, 2013
Neal P wrote:
I really can't get my head around the fact that Americans love guns so much.When the constitution was written,were the general populous armed with muskets not automatic assault rifles?Times change folks.Live in the now.....
Well it's a good thing we don't have automatic assault rifles then, isn't it?

Yes, times change, and the authors of the Constitution knew it would. That's why they included an amendment process.

There is less of a love for guns than it is a love for self-protection. That's what we love. In fact, I never owned a gun until I was 26 years of age. Heck, I never shot a gun until then either. But when I came home one Saturday afternoon after work, seen my door broken down, and I knew the dangerous people responsible, that's when I purchased my first gun and learned how to shoot it.

It was a great feeling of security I'll never forget. Until this day, my loaded gun sleeps in the compartment of my headboard ready to protect me. There is no need for me to fear intruders, but a real fear intruders should have of me.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#61 Jun 9, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no conception of what I might hate or not hate. The constitution guarantees the inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The amendments are just that: add-ons. They are not rights, so you and your semi-automatic assault guns are NOT protected and your mega-clip ammunition isn't either. Let's get on with the background, security and mental health checks and the abolishing of mega-ammunition clips and then we can discuss the "guns". If y'all weren't so afraid of this we wouldn't have dozens of threads about it on Topix. Face it. You're running scared and it is about time. That is what all this sh!t you are all screaming all the time is all about. The people have spoken and it is overwhelmingly against civilians owning or having access to weapons that this maniac had in his possession. If it wasn't such a done deal, y'all wouldn't have anything to cream your jeans over.
Like I said before, y'all have been tolerated by the rest of us up until now, but this has just been one too many times.
Another of the victims just died. You ignorant, bullying
gun-people really suck, big time.
I see. Well let me ask: do you really think gun laws would work? Do you really believe for one minute that somebody--anybody who really wants to get their hands on a firearm couldn't because of a law? Well..... Adam Lanza was refused the sale of a firearm. So he killed his mother and stole hers. Then he went out and killed all those innocent kids.

Yes, the ownership and use of a firearm is a right--at least according to the Supreme Court. Amendments are every bit of the Constitution as the original document itself. And you are correct, I do have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Being able to protect myself is just that, because then I can defend my life, be liberated from criminals that wish to bring me harm, and yes, that makes me very happy.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#62 Jun 9, 2013
Neal P wrote:
<quoted text>
But why?I can't get my head around the fact that gun related homicide outweighs the rest of the worlds gun crime combined.Why?
Keep thinking that:

So, given those caveats, we can see which countries have the highest ownership rates for firearms - and which have the highest gun murder rates.

The key facts are:

The US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world - an average of 88 per 100 people. That puts it first in the world for gun ownership - and even the number two country, Yemen, has significantly fewer - 54.8 per 100 people
But the US does not have the worst firearm murder rate - that prize belongs to Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica. In fact, the US is number 28, with a rate of 2.97 per 100,000 people
Puerto Rico tops the world's table for firearms murders as a percentage of all homicides - 94.8%. It's followed by Sierra Leone in Africa and Saint Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean

The full data is below - what can you do with it?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/...

The truth of the matter is that the US has a declining figure of firearm murders and violent crime in general. We are on the right path. Why change that?

Location hidden

#63 Jun 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's a good thing we don't have automatic assault rifles then, isn't it?

Yes, times change, and the authors of the Constitution knew it would. That's why they included an amendment process.

There is less of a love for guns than it is a love for self-protection. That's what we love. In fact, I never owned a gun until I was 26 years of age. Heck, I never shot a gun until then either. But when I came home one Saturday afternoon after work, seen my door broken down, and I knew the dangerous people responsible, that's when I purchased my first gun and learned how to shoot it.

It was a great feeling of security I'll never forget. Until this day, my loaded gun sleeps in the compartment of my headboard ready to protect me. There is no need for me to fear intruders, but a real fear intruders should have of me.
But some dicks in your country teach kids and buy them guns when they are infants.Where's the logic in that?

Location hidden

#64 Jun 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's a good thing we don't have automatic assault rifles then, isn't it?

And I thought automatic rifles were freely available?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Monica Community College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 dead after Santa Monica rampage (Jun '13) Aug '13 Capt America 8
Santa Monica police chief: Shooter a "cowardly ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Von 7
Officers hold simulated school shooting drill a... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Richard_ 1
Santa Monica Shooting Victim Profiles (Jun '13) Jun '13 Frank 2
Five Dead, Including Suspect, in California Ram... (Jun '13) Jun '13 sinic 2
Fire official: 2 dead in burned home near shoot... (Jun '13) Jun '13 sinic 2
One dead in shooting at Southern California col... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Dragon Times 2
More from around the web