10 CEOs Who Could Be Gone In 2009

10 CEOs Who Could Be Gone In 2009

There are 8 comments on the The Huffington Post story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 10 CEOs Who Could Be Gone In 2009. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

It is that time of year where companies should have been evaluating their plans for the year ahead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

DuncanReynaldo

Mesquite, TX

#1 Dec 6, 2008
How soon we forget:

It wasn't the outside people that killed Kodak. People like Dan Carp and his inbred predecessors killed Kodak by stifling innovation years ago that would have provided Kodak with a future line of viable products. While Kodak was flush with money rolling in from film, some visionaries should have been investing in the future instead of just cashing their checks. How many small companies and technologies did Kodak buy in the past and just let sit there and die for fear of jeopardizing the only thing they knew....film.
The old Kodak carcass has been lying in the sun for at least 20 years and the new hyenas and jackals are merely cleaning up the bones; as is their purpose.
messedover

Slidell, LA

#2 Dec 6, 2008
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD) is in a pickle jar whether it reverse-splits its stock or not. We are not calling for the outright ouster of Chairman & CEO Mary Sammons, but we expect a strategy that by mid-2009 she either takes back more of the control or that she turns the CEO role to the new president. Because she turned this one around once, she has been given the benefit of the doubt more than other managers. "The Huffington Post" is stating what I have been trying to say for a long time now in many of my posts. What makes Sammons so special?
disgrunted american

North Chili, NY

#3 Dec 6, 2008
Every since kodak hired minorities the y went to hell! Thats the problem hirring them to satisfy the government not the stock holders or the good employees they let go to hire theese illetarits>Way to go USA you did it!
Morgans Revenge

AOL

#4 Dec 10, 2008
The entity known as Rite Aid sealed its fate when the decision was made to destroy the historic town of Morgantown.

The curse.....can not be revoked.

.......beware the Forças Cósmicas
messedover

Slidell, LA

#5 Dec 10, 2008
I understand how you feel, but Rite Aid dosen't need cosmic energy to fail, they are doing a great job all by themselves. Also I know when Rite Aid builds a new store, depending on size it costs about 7 million, and will sell it as soon as it is up and operating. Then they imediately get into a lease and pay rent(must be some scamming going on there) therefore Rite Aid will not own the building where your historical landmark was...
Morgans Revenge

AOL

#7 Jan 1, 2009
Those who cannot learn from the past are condemned to repeat it......
Kodak Picture

Macedon, NY

#8 Jan 30, 2009
I ended my (or they ended it) tenure with EK in late 2007. I was just short of 30 years in one of the support areas and it was "Outsourced". Like many companies Kodak just didn't know how to grow and invest in ventures that would make it money it was to busy only looking at cutting internally which just continued to demoralize it's employee and stifle innovation. They spent millions of dollars sending their 35mm operation down to Mexico, to save on labor but if they just left the operation in Rochester it would of been less money even with the cheap labor in Mexico. If you want to be a failure follow Kodak's business plan, Sell off very profitable businesses, don't look into new areas of profit, hire a CEO that has absolutely no loyalty to U.S employees, and finally outsource every part of your business you can so you will have a workforce that is only dedicated to milking you for every dime they can. So I hope I captured a "picture" for you.
Miles High

Miles City, MT

#9 Feb 1, 2009
Just wondering why I don't see Steve Appleton of Micron on here...thought for sure he'd be number one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

SanDisk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SanDisk said in advanced talks to sell to Weste... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Raj Chanani 1
sandisk cruzer micro 4gb re-format? (Dec '07) Jul '14 moorthy 23
News First News Briefs: Sprint, Samsung, UPS, Ruckus... (Nov '13) Nov '13 out there 1
Memory Card Failure (Dec '06) Aug '13 jamest4 7
SanDisk ripped me off... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Manuel Gomez Martin 1
gürbüz (Feb '13) Feb '13 halil 2
SDMX1 firmware question (Feb '07) Nov '11 Xagyg 4