Carson OKs used-car lot

Full story: Daily Breeze 17
A Carson city ordinance that has lasted at least three decades finally broke under the weight of the nation's slumping car market and resulting drop in municipal sales tax revenue. Full Story
keep your ends in carson

Pomona, CA

#3 May 12, 2008
why is it so hard to bring in a costco , once we get that we can really stop going to torrance and spending our money. the day is soooo close when we can work , shop and play in carson . I will love it because no more torrance visits. they hate us over there in torrance but they love their shushi !!!! LOL carson is looking good and compton now has a best buy . that really helped us stay out of torrance with their racist cops and their dirty looks . keep out of torrance people because little johnny and tyler do not want you there .
jamesincarson

Pasadena, CA

#4 May 13, 2008
i never go to torrance to shop. every dollar you spend there supports their racist police department. why buy the bullets for them?
Roger

Harbor City, CA

#5 May 13, 2008
Good job TPD.
keep your ends in carson wrote:
why is it so hard to bring in a costco , once we get that we can really stop going to torrance and spending our money. the day is soooo close when we can work , shop and play in carson . I will love it because no more torrance visits. they hate us over there in torrance but they love their shushi !!!! LOL carson is looking good and compton now has a best buy . that really helped us stay out of torrance with their racist cops and their dirty looks . keep out of torrance people because little johnny and tyler do not want you there .
Henry

Harbor City, CA

#6 May 13, 2008
Carson must be beneath Hawthorne. They even have a Costco.
Sam

Harbor City, CA

#7 May 13, 2008
The merchants in Torrance probably can't wait either. Shop lifting should drop and prices will come done.
Prophet

Wilmington, CA

#8 May 13, 2008
Because Carson is becoming another Compton! Can't really blame Costo or any other major company.

We need to address the serious negative issues in Carson instead of practicing the art of deception. Saying that Carson is good community at this particular point in time would in fact be a lie.

Our Mayor and City Council need to do something to fight crime and gang violence or it is all B.S. and a smoke screen that reputable companies like Costco can see through!

Carson appears to have been informally annexed by the city of Compton!
Prophet

Wilmington, CA

#9 May 13, 2008
Henry wrote:
Carson must be beneath Hawthorne. They even have a Costco. <quoted text>
That just might be true!
Prophet

Wilmington, CA

#10 May 13, 2008
Sam wrote:
The merchants in Torrance probably can't wait either. Shop lifting should drop and prices will come done.<quoted text>
Might be the reality check Carson Residents Require! Not saying that your comment is true but the perception makes it's point!
Just me

Carson, CA

#11 May 13, 2008
Henry wrote:
Carson must be beneath Hawthorne. They even have a Costco. <quoted text>
But hawthorne doesn't have a university or a soccer stadium.
Henry

Harbor City, CA

#12 May 13, 2008
Stadiums are usually built in low income areas. They are the only ones that want them. Your universtiy can't even get enought students there to fill the seats. No one wants to go there.
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
But hawthorne doesn't have a university or a soccer stadium.
My2Cents

United States

#13 May 13, 2008
Henry wrote:
Stadiums are usually built in low income areas. They are the only ones that want them. Your universtiy can't even get enought students there to fill the seats. No one wants to go there.<quoted text>
North Carson is not low income for your information. And CSUDH fills enough seats to keep it in business. I am glad small-minded people like you are staying away though but there are plenty of people who want and do go there.
Henry

Harbor City, CA

#14 May 14, 2008
My son is looking at colleges for this coming fall and CSUDH is willing to offer the most in financial aid. They told me they are doing this to try to attract more students to fill empty seats. How many people live in North Carson? Ten. I think I will stay here in Hawthorne and do my buisiness in the Beach cites and in Torrance. That way I don't have to worry about gang bangers shooting me while I shop.
My2Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
North Carson is not low income for your information. And CSUDH fills enough seats to keep it in business. I am glad small-minded people like you are staying away though but there are plenty of people who want and do go there.
Prophet

Wilmington, CA

#15 May 14, 2008
Henry, you have a valid concern because as a long time Carson resident, I also have the same concerns!

When I visit my friends in Redondo Beach and some OC cities, I am amazed at how clean and beautiful their communities are in comparison to Carson.

When I return to Carson and see the Blight and Gang Bangers walking around with no fear of the Sheriff’s Department, I know that Carson is doomed to be another Compton!

Our City is turning into just another Ghetto!
JPT

Los Angeles, CA

#16 May 14, 2008
Sam wrote:
The merchants in Torrance probably can't wait either. Shop lifting should drop and prices will come done.<quoted text>
You are such an A**** shop lifting goes down but MEHT IN TORRANCE KEEPS RAISING. You are a TRUE RED N**K
JLS

Los Angeles, CA

#17 May 14, 2008
Henry wrote:
My son is looking at colleges for this coming fall and CSUDH is willing to offer the most in financial aid. They told me they are doing this to try to attract more students to fill empty seats. How many people live in North Carson? Ten. I think I will stay here in Hawthorne and do my buisiness in the Beach cites and in Torrance. That way I don't have to worry about gang bangers shooting me while I shop. <quoted text>
I live in Hawthorne & it has just as many GANG BANGERS AS CARSON. I only shop at Costco in Hawthorne. I do not shop in Torrance or Hawthorne. I go Manhattan Beach wonderful Customer Service & I am Black & do not get dirty looks.
Sam

Harbor City, CA

#18 May 14, 2008
I don't care what happens in Torrance. Don't live there and never did. I would rather be a red neck rather than a Carson gang bankger.
JPT wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an A**** shop lifting goes down but MEHT IN TORRANCE KEEPS RAISING. You are a TRUE RED N**K
Henry

Harbor City, CA

#19 May 14, 2008
That must be the reason crime is on the rise in MB.
JLS wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in Hawthorne & it has just as many GANG BANGERS AS CARSON. I only shop at Costco in Hawthorne. I do not shop in Torrance or Hawthorne. I go Manhattan Beach wonderful Customer Service & I am Black & do not get dirty looks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonic Automotive Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suburban buys Don Massey, Capitol Cadillac from... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Steve 2
Carson's Ford dealership shuts down (Jan '08) Jun '09 duh joe 38
Bruton Bankruptcy: Worst Not Over? (May '09) May '09 former employee 1
AutoNation's debt rating gets lowered to junk s... (Dec '08) Dec '08 joseph 7
Pep Boys heads for turnaround (Feb '08) Dec '08 0311oif 6
Sonic Automotive, Inc. Continues Strong Operati... (Jul '07) Jul '07 Paul 1
Sonic Automotive, Inc. Declares Quarterly Cash ... (Aug '06) Aug '06 former gm 1
More from around the web