Poultry plant to open in NC, bring 1,...

Poultry plant to open in NC, bring 1,500 jobs

There are 2 comments on the News & Record story from Apr 24, 2008, titled Poultry plant to open in NC, bring 1,500 jobs. In it, News & Record reports that:

A Mississippi-based poultry company says it will build a new processing plant, feed mill and hatchery in Kinston, creating 1,500 new jobs. via News & Record

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News & Record.

United States

#1 Apr 28, 2008
I believe that the employees from the smithfield plant #1 should be greatly and honored first in having first pick on employment!There has been several men that has been wrongly overlooked in finding employment.And K2 not hiring these men from the get go! Just so they could keep them working at K1 waiting to be closed with nothing in return!These men have put lots of years into the plant so i feel this poultry plant should consider these men FIRST!
Concerned Citizen

#2 May 4, 2008
I hope this company won't be a magnet for more illegal aliens to want to come to our town.
We are already overrun with illegals as it is.
We don't need anymore!
I hope this company will implement E-Verify to weed out illegals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanderson Farms Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tyson shares fall after bird flu report (Mar '15) Mar '15 Get Real 1
News Alleged stabbing leads to arrests at Sanderson ... (May '12) Sep '12 kinston 3
News Nash, Wilson officials in mediation talks about... (Apr '12) Sep '12 anonymous 7
News Sanderson Farms Moving Forward With Nash County... (Sep '12) Sep '12 anonymous 1
News UPDATE 1-Sanderson Farms profit beats on higher... (Aug '12) Aug '12 anonymous 1
News Sanderson Farms accused of dangerous, racially ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 anonymous 6
News Sanderson purchases site for chickens (Jan '12) Aug '12 bull dog 3