Restoration Hardware paint....

Restoration Hardware paint....

There are 6 comments on the Motley Fool story from Feb 4, 2009, titled Restoration Hardware paint..... In it, Motley Fool reports that:

Is anyone aware of what company manufactures paint for the Restoration Hardware stores? I've previously used it in a bathroom of our home, and purchased a different shade last year to use in our kitchen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Motley Fool.

Intheknowhow

South Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 19, 2009
You are in correct. Benjamin Moore never made RH paint.
A company called Rodda Paints have made RH paints for years. However they are made just for Restoration Hradware they (RH) designed the colors and quality of the paints they sell. I doubt if you'll be able to get paint from them! But give it a try.
My suggestion is go into a store and tell them your issue. Resto's customer service is the best around.
Have them look at other stores they will probably ship it to you or there may be a store close that has it!
NO, I don't work for them but They are pretty good at what they do!
Good Luck!
Joy

AOL

#2 Apr 26, 2009
Rodda Paint has distribution on the West Coast and sells through independent hardware stores that tend to cater to the local community with great service. However due to the economy the distributor here in Socal has been teetering and threatening to go out of business so some of these stores are discontinuing the line. Some of these stores just started selling Rodda about a year and a half ago so I'm guessing Rodda began to seek distribution when Restoration Hardware began to wobble back when the economy first began softening two years ago. RD/Rodda has great paint but a bit pricey when stacked next to Valspar and the like.
Jeff

Seattle, WA

#3 May 3, 2009
I worked for RH for many years... Benjamin Moore actually DID make paint for Resto way back when before Rodda took over. So the original die lots of Silver Sage, formally known as Restoration Hardware green, was Benjamin Moore. So, if you purchased your paint within the last 5 years or so, it's Rodda. Otherwise, Benjamin Moore for their orinial colors like Creamware, Butter, Latte and Silver Sage.
annie

Sackville, Canada

#4 Jan 27, 2014
I would love to paint my bathroom RH buttercream..anyone use this and liked it..
annie

Sackville, Canada

#5 Jan 27, 2014
Anyone use RH Buttercream????I want to paint my small bathroom in this color.
Gary

Valley Village, CA

#6 Oct 1, 2016
Just painted my sons room with RH paint and next room with Hime foot pain the finish is amazing. Defiantelly worth extra money no I m going to buy paint from RH to redo the other room

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Restoration Hardware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Identifying Restoration Hardware item and origi... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jim 1
News Restoration Hardware closes its doors (Feb '09) Feb '14 ALH 35
News Retailer busted for lookalike chair (Jan '13) Jan '13 Kosal Da 1
News Emeco Sues Restoration Hardware for Allegedly S... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Eddie 1
Gary Friedman (Aug '12) Aug '12 Dullard99 1
paint color question (Mar '12) Mar '12 ann 1
Sealing Restoration Hardware Furniture (Feb '12) Feb '12 phil 1
More from around the web