Restoration Hardware to cooperate wit...

Restoration Hardware to cooperate with Sears

There are 7 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 27, 2007, titled Restoration Hardware to cooperate with Sears. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Restoration Hardware Inc. said today it will agree to provide Sears Holdings Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Pat from Florida

Bushnell, FL

#1 Nov 27, 2007
Sears, stay with your core business...leave the hardware to ACE.
Get a Clue

United States

#2 Nov 27, 2007
Pat from Florida wrote:
Sears, stay with your core business...leave the hardware to ACE.
Different kind of hardware. Its not screws, nails and lumber...its high end home furnishings.
urbaneddie

Cicero, IL

#3 Nov 27, 2007
Um, Sears is known for their Craftsman tools, this isn't much of a stretch from their "core business" & a good fit for Restoration Hardware.

They really strayed from their core business in the last 50 years more than anything when they ventured into malls & evolved into a department store type retailer & abandoned their catalogue just before the internet age brought such shopping back into vogue.

“Be the Hunter, not the Prey”

Since: Sep 07

Wilmington, IL

#4 Nov 27, 2007
No offense intended, but I hope RH goes private instead of ending up as part of Sears. They have been my primary source for period correct hardware that I need for doing restorations/remodeling work. I fear the quality will suffer if Sears buys them out. The quality of the items I see at Sears, including their Craftsman tool line, has declined over the last 10 years or so. I don't want to have to go searching for another provider of quality hardware pieces. Took a long time to find RH and to get comfortable with their products.
dee in the know

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jan 2, 2008
yeah...get a clue is right!
Restoration Hardware sell home furnishings. High End. I know I shop there!
$300.00 sheet sets great towels, nice furniture and has great customer service. Go to their web site a@ www.restorationhardware.com
and look!
Sears owns k-mart..UGH Restoration will suffer if Eddie buys them out!
dee in the know

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jan 2, 2008
Yeah, get a clue is right! Restoration Hardware sell high end stuff!$300.00 sheet sets great towels nice furniture. I know I shop there!
Go to their web site at www.restorationhardware.com
Sears leave Restoration Hardware alone.
I don't want to shop there and see a blue light special!
BLK

United States

#7 Jan 9, 2008
So does anyone have a clue as to why RSTO tanked today? Is there some 'news' that drove it down over 30 percent, because I can't find anything

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Restoration Hardware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Identifying Restoration Hardware item and origi... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jim 1
News Restoration Hardware closes its doors (Feb '09) Feb '14 ALH 35
News Restoration Hardware paint.... (Feb '09) Jan '14 annie 5
News Retailer busted for lookalike chair (Jan '13) Jan '13 Kosal Da 1
News Emeco Sues Restoration Hardware for Allegedly S... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Eddie 1
Gary Friedman (Aug '12) Aug '12 Dullard99 1
paint color question (Mar '12) Mar '12 ann 1
More from around the web