Restoration Hardware Baby & Child Will Try To Out-Crate & Barrel Pottery Barn Kids

Mar 31, 2008 Full story: Daddy Types 9

“This is a severely under-served category in the top shopping centers”

Whatever happened to Restoration Hardware's Baby? Patty and the trades reported it last Spring, and DT reader Mark wondered aloud about it a couple of days ago. via Daddy Types

Full Story
James

United States

#1 Apr 5, 2008
RH Baby and Child launches May 2008
Christian Ulrich

Edmonton, Canada

#2 Dec 11, 2008
We ordered one crib and one dresser back in June. Two dressers and the wrong crib arrived two weeks back (6 months delivery time).
Today the correct crib but with parts missing got here.
Frustrating and for sure our last experience with Restoration Hardware!
Rebecca

San Francisco, CA

#3 Mar 31, 2009
DO NOT SHOP at restoration hardware baby and child. Everything we ordered took months to arrive. The last insult was the hamper I ordered, mongramed for my son Henry. I ordered it Nov 16th 2008. They called 2 months later to say it wouldn't be here until March... hmmm, anyways, I said fine, but it finally arrived today with the name AIDEN on it. Are you kidding me? what kind of company is this? I called customer service, now I am sending the stuff back and they are giving me a gift certificate, but it is very, very complicated to use it.

Honestly, if you order this stuff, make sure you do it when you are thinking of concieving, and maybe you will have your nursery done on time.

Save your time, energy, and money.
Jeff

Seattle, WA

#4 May 3, 2009
Well... there is a reason they have the nickname now "Frustration Hardware". They try, but it's there antiquated systems that usually causes the problems. Also, they have been hit very hard by the economic climate and the payroll cuts have compromised their quality control.
Tiffani

Dover, DE

#5 May 4, 2009
I just ordered a bunch of linens for our daughters room and it all arrived in less than a week and the one monogrammed item w/in 10 days. I was quite pleased.
krissy

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Sep 29, 2009
I just received my whole nursery, personalized bedding, and paint within 7 days and its beautiful. I think they have worked on their customer service!
Susan

Brighton, MA

#8 Jan 31, 2010
I have ordered tons of stuff from RH Baby and it has come on time and just what I ordered!
zpn

Manchester Township, NJ

#9 Feb 16, 2010
Same delay story for me. delayed by 3 months!! Still no sign of arrival. Boycott RH!!
Jamie

Omaha, NE

#10 Sep 22, 2010
Have ordered a master bedroom set and an library system. Other than some missing hardware on the library which we bought at an RH outlet for 1/2 price, no problems at all. Am planning to order from the kid's line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Restoration Hardware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Identifying Restoration Hardware item and origi... Jul '14 Jim 1
Restoration Hardware closes its doors (Feb '09) Feb '14 ALH 35
Restoration Hardware paint.... (Feb '09) Jan '14 annie 5
Retailer busted for lookalike chair (Jan '13) Jan '13 Kosal Da 1
Emeco Sues Restoration Hardware for Allegedly S... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Eddie 1
Gary Friedman (Aug '12) Aug '12 Dullard99 1
paint color question (Mar '12) Mar '12 ann 1

Restoration Hardware People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE