Rent-to-own retailer occupies Rt. 7A warehouse

Full story: Bennington Banner

Aaron Rents Inc. held job interviews on Monday and Tuesday as it prepares to open its new store, based in the former Haynes & Kane warehouse on Route 7A.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Aug 24, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tonya

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

Do not buy merchandise from this type of retailer. If you can't afford to buy a product by cash, you can not afford it. Save for your purchase. If you buy from this type of retailer, the product you buy rent to own, at the end of your contract with them you could have bought the same product 4x's over. You work to hard for your money to give it away.
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

Same thing for buying a house or a vehicle or .... anything! The problem is there is a faction of people who will line up at these places and fall victim to the small print on the contract! The other rent to own joints are always repoing their junk china made electronics and furniture! Just think I don't need it today and keep dropping your change in the big bottle in the corner and it might surprise you how fast you can get it on your own from a discount store! Don't spend a dime in this dump! We didn't have it before and we don't need it now!
AOK

Arlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

All very true.

But many are either "desperate" or want immediate gratification.

If you look up the culture of poverty, this type of business preys on those with little resources.

Since: Oct 08

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

I had a kid who worked for me who was renting a CHAIR for $16 a week. A friggin CHAIR. I floated him a loan for $150 and he bought one at one of them seedy furniture places that was just as good.

People have no $ sense anymore.
hmmmm

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

"Hey, Ethel, we can get this here entertainment center for ONLY $59 a month!"

Terms:$59 down,$59 a month for 60 months. Total price (of cheap tv stand worth $250 tops)$3,000.

What a bargain!

When will Friendleys start serving dinner this way?$3 at the door,$3 at the table,$3 with sodas,$3 for ordering,$3 with the meal,$3 with refills,$3 for boxed leftovers,$3 for ordering desert,$3 for desert,$3 for taking away mess,$3 for tip,$3 to leave.

Total price for 12 dollar meal:$36!

What a bargain!
patriot

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

All very true. This is just a dressed-up form of predatory lending. A disappointing commentary on the economic state of the local area when these kind of leeches move in expecting to flourish.
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Desperate or want immediate gratification? Come on down I gotcha right here "The Haney Egg-Layin' Inducing Machine" or ifin you need such a thing I gotcha a "gen-u-wine Cooper Cow-Coaxer" for those stubern corn fed hunnies!

This business preys on those with little resources and the Town of Bennington welcomes them with open arms! Just like all the worlds sex offenders! The next thing they will let in is Beneficial Finance or is it here already or even in business! Oh I bet they are!

A guy wants to make his garage 1 foot bigger and he has to jump through hoops then Dirt Works builds a big box store that was within the same foot print but a skyscraper!!!!!!!

Blame all this on the Town of Bennington! The same ones who are running the police dapartment who is supposed to protect us into the ground!

THE END!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2008

Guilty
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2008

No! Not you to NewMonter? Please don't tell me you are guilty of using a rent a rip off service! I hope I just misunderstood you!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2008

Real Vermonter wrote:
No! Not you to NewMonter? Please don't tell me you are guilty of using a rent a rip off service! I hope I just misunderstood you!
Nope I am guilty. my other 1/2 thinks I am crazy also.. but it works for me.
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2008

I have to side with your other half on ths one!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

Real Vermonter wrote:
I have to side with your other half on ths one!
The laptop I want is over 800.00 and to save that would take forever and this is how I stay intouch with my family in western NY.. so it works for me.
hmmmm

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

NewMonter wrote:
<quoted text>
The laptop I want is over 800.00 and to save that would take forever and this is how I stay intouch with my family in western NY.. so it works for me.
Mindy, Mindy, Mindy!

Sometimes we need to settle for less. You can get an awesome refurbished laptop on ebay for $200 or less. Just think what you could do with the $600, wait, I mean about $1200 you'd save.

Think about it. Heck, I'd like a BMW, but I'd settle for a used Neon.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Mindy, Mindy, Mindy!
Sometimes we need to settle for less. You can get an awesome refurbished laptop on ebay for $200 or less. Just think what you could do with the $600, wait, I mean about $1200 you'd save.
Think about it. Heck, I'd like a BMW, but I'd settle for a used Neon.
LOL thank you very much for your post. I accually smiled,
if this helps

Arlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

NewMonter wrote:
<quoted text>
The computer guy on main st has used lap tops. Theyre still better than anything you could buy at those places!!!!!The prices are between 299.-399., and he does layaway.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

if this helps wrote:
<quoted text> The computer guy on main st has used lap tops. Theyre still better than anything you could buy at those places!!!!!The prices are between 299.-399., and he does layaway.
yeah ok check that out he wants over 400.00 for laptop that don't even have 1G memory no thank you
Checked that out already
sad but true

Arlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

NewMonter wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah ok check that out he wants over 400.00 for laptop that don't even have 1G memory no thank you
Checked that out already
The one I bought had more than 1G and also had a cd burner,wireless intermet and more memory and speed than what i saw at thoughs rent to own stores.
not true

Arlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

NewMonter wrote:
<quoted text>
Checked that out already
A computer equal to though rent to own places were under 300 dollars
not true

Arlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

No worrys, we all try at one time or another to justify are own stupidity!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

not true wrote:
No worrys, we all try at one time or another to justify are own stupidity!!!!!
I am not justifying anything. I am saying it works for me. That doesn't mean it is right for everyone. Stupid is as stupid does, and think what you want doesn't bother me. and when it is all said and done it is my money to do with what I want and with that said.. your opinion means nothing to me when it comes to what I do with my money!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Aaron Rents Discussions

Search the Aaron Rents Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawsuits claims Aarons providing bed bug-infest... (Mar '12) Jul 12 Abby 80
Insiders are Fond of Simon Property Group Inc May '14 USA 1
Aaron Rents CEO Thins Stake (May '08) Dec '10 AOL 2
Buffet Continues Investment Strategy as CORT Ac... (Nov '08) Nov '08 JD McKee 1
Fairview Heights business sued over allegation ... (Nov '08) Nov '08 midgee 2
Aaron Rents, Inc. Sells Aaron's Corporate Furni... (Oct '08) Oct '08 D r S 1
Andrew Young Monument Debuts (Apr '08) Apr '08 Tory One 14
•••
•••