How the CrackBerry cracked

How the CrackBerry cracked

There are 2 comments on the Iol.co.za story from Jun 4, 2012, titled How the CrackBerry cracked. In it, Iol.co.za reports that:

The bad news from BlackBerry owner Research in Motion just gets worse, as the Canadian group has warned of an operating loss in the second quarter to June.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Iol.co.za.

kenneth mckee

Waterloo, Canada

#1 Jun 4, 2012
If the blackberry products were really that poor then
President Obama would never have had a blackberry,nor would have any of the upper echelons of the US.gov ernment,or governments around the world have wanted them. Its just that Apple and Samsung etc.have come out with more appealing products that mainstream consumers really adore.
As for the service outage,that was way overblown. RIM actually has a great infrastucture. They just happened to have a technical glitch,which could be roughly comparable to a hydro outage. If Apple had had the problem I think the media would have been much more lenient.
ronstermadness

Waterloo, Canada

#2 Sep 15, 2012
Its just someone out there wants rims patens and encryption technology and has the money to pay off some media clowns......... Nice to see a factual article good job. I own and use a blackberry ios4s and a kindle the blackbery OS is by far the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Research in Motion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BlackBerry says no 'master key' to access encry... (Feb '14) Feb '14 long-life-laptop-... 1
News RIM Changes Name To Blackberry, Launches BB10 Line (Feb '14) Feb '14 long-life-laptop-... 1
News STMicroelectronics Says Sales Must Rise 25% for... (Dec '12) Jan '14 Gary 2
News RIM is on the right track, and Microsoft just i... (Mar '13) Jun '13 zintel 2
News A look at BlackBerry and its maker as it faces ... (Mar '13) Jun '13 zintel 2
News BlackBerry wins dismissal of U.S. shareholder l... (Mar '13) Jun '13 zintel 2
News RIM seeks probe into report on BlackBerry returns (Apr '13) Jun '13 zintel 2
More from around the web