After Pinpointing Gun Owners, Newspap...

After Pinpointing Gun Owners, Newspaper Becomes A Target

There are 7 comments on the The Huffington Post story from Jan 7, 2013, titled After Pinpointing Gun Owners, Newspaper Becomes A Target. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

Local newspapers across the country look for stories that will bring them national attention, but The Journal News, a daily nestled in a wooded office park in a suburb north of New York, may have gotten more than it bargained for.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Jan 7, 2013
I am still fuzzy on why the NRA is "crazy" for wanting to protect kids in schools but an antigun newspaper wants armed guards. I guess they think they are more important than the kids.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 7, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
I am still fuzzy on why the NRA is "crazy" for wanting to protect kids in schools but an antigun newspaper wants armed guards. I guess they think they are more important than the kids.
Yeah just like it's ok for the elected ones kids to go to a school with armed guards. Perhaps the newspaper is afraid that a gun owner that they published the name and address of will come to inquire. Sort of like all the rest of the do as I say not as I do crowd. Don't play with matches and gasoline unless you are prepared to get burned badly.....
Chesty

Louisville, KY

#3 Jan 7, 2013
Apparently, they think that cancelled subscriptions are "threatening", since every "threat" they reported to the police and FBI has been sent back as "no threat here".

But don't give up on the effectiveness of the Gun Free Zone, though. There is a push to take the GFZ to the next level: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/eli...
Gordon Freeman

Gig Harbor, WA

#4 Jan 7, 2013
Guns protect our banks, offices, businesses, borders, and politicians because we value them. They have no place in our classrooms. We are better than this.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5 Jan 7, 2013
I heard the publication has lost %40 of it's circulation over this.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Jan 7, 2013
Tray wrote:
I heard the publication has lost %40 of it's circulation over this.
I'll bet they'll never admit to it. They'll spin it to "60% of our readers approved of what we did."

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#7 Jan 7, 2013
Gordon Freeman wrote:
Guns protect our banks, offices, businesses, borders, and politicians because we value them. They have no place in our classrooms. We are better than this.
Really???? The police protect the children outside of the school by enforcing school zone speed limits. So we should only protect kids outside of the building and not inside of the building? How about we give parents a choice. Lets make half of the schools in each district gun free and the other half gun protected. Parents will have the choice of where they want to send their kids and teachers will have the choice of where they want to work. Which school will have the biggest waiting list to get into?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reuters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UPDATE 1-Azerbaijan's biggest bank, laden with ... May 11 Robert 1
News Stumbleupon Apr '17 Kevin J Johnston 1
News Trump appointee Gorsuch energetic in first US h... Apr '17 Lawrence Wolf 9
News AIPAC 2017 - 4th Pilgrimage Holiday Apr '17 Bryan Fischer s H... 2
News Police union warns Trump 'sanctuary city' cuts ... Apr '17 spud 24
News HPV vaccination during pregnancy show no ill ef... Mar '17 DBLstandard 1
News Texas Senate gives OK to bill curbing transgend... Mar '17 June 3
More from around the web